Postdoctoral Research Fellow
The starting salary will be from £35,845 up to £38,017 on Grade F, depending on qualifications and experience.
Generous holiday allowances, flexible working, pension scheme and relocation package (if applicable).
College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences
Electrode Material Development for Flow Battery for Energy Storage
This European Horizon 2020 programme funded post is available to participate in
The project aims to develop a low cost high efficient membrane-free redox flow battery system based on hydrogen and bromine redox couples. The successful applicant will involve in design and development of bromine positive electrode. The research work will be focused on identification and fabrication of functional carbon-based materials which is proved to be suitable for high performance for the positive bromine electrodes.
With over 22,000 students and 5,500 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment in which to work. We are an equal opportunity employer, a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
The successful applicant will be able to develop research objectives, projects and proposals; identify sources of research funding and contribute to the process of securing funds and make presentations at conferences and other events.
- possess a relevant PhD or equivalent qualification/experience in a related field of study
- be a nationally recognised authority in
- possess sufficient specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop research programmes and methodologies
- Experience in design and development of electrode materials (especially in carbon and/or nanostructured carbon electrode materials) would be an advantage
- be able to work collaboratively, supervise the work of others and act as team leader as required
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our research income in recent years means we're fastest growing UK Research University and we seek to answer some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today through this. 98% of our research is international quality (2014 Research Excellence Framework) and we encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students. Exeter is one of only a few UK cities to have been designated as a UNESCO Creative City .
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- 41 days leave
- options for flexible working
- onsite gyms on all of our campus' and a cycle to work scheme
- sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- stunning campus environments in Exeter and Cornwall, in the beautiful South West of England
Please email@example.com or (01326) 255769.
Interviews are expected to take place on .