Contact: Oya Celiktutan; firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Role
A Postdoctoral Research Associate position is available in the Social AI & Robotics (SAIR) Lab, Centre for Robotics Research, Department of Engineering to work with Dr Oya Celiktutan and her collaborators on the project titled “LISI - Learning to Imitate Nonverbal Communication Dynamics for Human-Robot Social Interaction” awarded by EPSRC. The main objective of the LISI project is to set the basis for the next generation of robots that will be able to learn how to interact with humans purely from visual observations. The candidate will perform research in the areas of machine learning and human-robot interaction. For more information about the project, please refer to https://sairlab.github.io/projects/grants/lisi/index.html .
About the Candidate
The candidate should be motivated, creative and ambitious. They should be enthusiastic about collaborating with partners from multiple disciplines/industry as well as PhD students in the SAIR Lab. Key requirements include:
- PhD degree (or shortly expect to receive) in Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or related field;
- Strong background in machine learning, with specialisation in one or more of the following areas: human-robot interaction, computer vision, human behaviour analysis, weakly supervised/unsupervised/self-supervised learning, spatio-temporal graphs, deep reinforcement learning.;
- Excellent publication record in high-quality journals and/or conference proceedings;
- Excellent programming skills, particularly, Python and/or C/C++. Hands-on experience with deep learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch) and/or physical robots will be a plus;
- Ability to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal / teamwork skills.
About the Research Centre
The Centre for Robotics Research (CORE) brings together expertise in sensing, high-precision manipulation, machine learning, intelligent control and human-robot interaction to develop creative robotics approaches to society’s most critical challenges. The candidate will be a member of the SAIR Lab (https://sairlab.github.io) and will contribute to ongoing research activities in the areas of computer vision, machine learning and human-robot interaction, while benefiting from a strong network of researchers working in allied areas at CORE. For information about the department, please see https://www.kcl.ac.uk/engineering .
In addition to completing the online application, candidates should attach:
- Curriculum vitae with a full list of publications;
- Contact details of two referees;
- Two-page summary of research background, interests, and how they aim to contribute to the LISI project;
- Two papers (either published, accepted for publication, or in-preparation) demonstrating expertise in one or more of the areas mentioned above;
- The expected date of graduation (if currently pursuing a Ph.D).
This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract for 2 years (24 months).
This is a full-time post.
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) to ensure that the aims and objectives of the project are achieved in a timely and effective way;
- Attend regular meetings with project collaborators and industrial partner;
- Develop new concepts and ideas to extend intellectual understanding in the areas of the project;
- Maintain an outstanding track record of published research at a level of international excellence;
- Present research outcomes in conferences, project meetings, and other relevant scientific and industrial events.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Research Assistant In Robotics, Middlesex University, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
View All Vacancies Faculty of Science & Technology Location: Hendon Starting Salary: £32,407 per annum Grade: Grade 6 Contract Type: Fixed Term - 9 months Hours per Week: 35.5 Date Posted: Th...
Research Assistant / Associate (Post Doc) In Aerial Robotics , Imperial College London, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
Job description Job summary Applications are invited for a fully funded position at the Research Assistant / Associate (PostDoc) level within the Aerial Robotics Laboratory at Imperial College Lon...
Research Fellow Polymer Chemist , University College London, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
UCL Department / Division Division of Surgery and Interventional Science Specific unit / Sub department Department of Surgical Biotechnology Location of position London Grade 7 Hours Full Time Sal...
Research Fellow In Security Of Cyber Physical Systems Security , University College London, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
UCL Department / Division Computer Science Location of position London Grade 7 Hours Full Time Salary (inclusive of London allowance) £36,028 - £43,533 per annum Duties and Responsibilities The De...
Research Fellow , University College London, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
UCL Department / Division UCL Cancer Institute Specific unit / Sub department Research Department of Haematology Location of position London Grade 7 Hours Full Time Salary (inclusive of London all...
Research Assistant / Research Associate, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
Job description Job summary This post is for a project aimed at developing a computational model that can predict which pre-school wheezers will develop asthma and elucidate dynamic patterns under...