King’s College London with its 200 years of heritage is recognized today as a world-leading research university, ranked 7th in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework. We understand the need to turn original thinking into everyday application, encouraging curiosity to develop work that makes an impact on society and global issues. Great names from King’s are continuing to change the world.
The post holder is expected to be part of a team working to develop novel AI based analysis for quantitative Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). The post holder will be primarily responsible for developing AI analysis techniques and generating a cardiac MRI database to investigate the potential of the novel techniques to discriminate between different cardiac diseases. The post will use the infrastructure provided by the School of Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Sciences and will be based at St Thomas’ Hospital.
Located in the heart of London, King’s is the hub of a global network of strong academic connections and collaboration, with prestigious international partnerships within and across disciplines – scientific and medical, social and creative. King’s is investing in the highest calibre of talent to drive the university forward to achieve its greatest potential. The very best from the United Kingdom and across the globe are invited to join King’s. We are looking for a strong commitment to teaching and research, to push the boundaries of knowledge, influence the future and create a lasting impact.
Development a machine learning based approach to discover signatures associated to cardiac disease from quantitative cardiac MR images.
- Acquisition of quantitative cardiac MRI on healthy subjects and patients (in collaboration with clinical fellows).
- Achieve the above objectives in a coordinated way by effective teamwork and collaboration with colleagues.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the department.
- Attend and, as appropriate, present research findings and papers at internal and external academic meetings, seminars and conferences and to contribute to the internal and external visibility of the Department.
- To contribute to the production of research reports and publications.
- To engage in integrative and original research and produce written research outputs, as set out in the research project.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties that are relevant with the Role Outline.
- Liaise with colleagues and students.
- Contribute to the integration and collaboration of research projects with other branches of the group and with external collaborators.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- PhD awarded (or near completion) in MRI, Engineering, Physics, Computer Sciences or similar
- Experience in Machine Learning techniques
- Experience in MATLAB, Phyton, C++ or similar
- Presenting scientific research in the form of papers, posters and oral presentations
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary research team, relying on and supporting others effectively
- Experience in Magnetic Resonance physics
- Experience in phantom, healthy subjects and patient scanning with MR imaging
- Applying specialist knowledge in the context of medical imaging
- Experience in cardiovascular MRI
- Experience in Magnetic Resonance pulse sequence development
Research Associate, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
To undertake preclinical research within a range of applications with a particular focus on providing support for GSK-funded project that aims to characterise a novel PET tracer for neuroinflammat...
Research Associate In Health Services Research (Sisle), Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Job description The post holder will join Professor Catherine Sackley’s research programme with the primary focus being the completion, reporting and dissemination of the SISLE final report. The N...
Postdoctoral Research Associate Or Postdoctoral Research Fellow Health Sciences , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
The postholder will take a lead role in delivering King’s Improvement Science (KIS) research and evaluation projects within the Centre for Implementation Science (CIS), utilising their mixed-metho...
Research Fellow In Neuroimaging And Deep Learning , University College London, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Computer Science Location of position London Grade 7 Hours Full Time Salary (inclusive of London allowance) £36,028 - £41,228 per annum Duties and Responsibilities The po...
Research Associate In Health Services Research, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Job description The post holder will join Professor Catherine Sackley’s research programme with the primary focus being the completion, reporting and dissemination of the PD COMM Trial “A Multi-Ce...
Clinical Research Fellow, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 15 minutes ago
College of Medicine & Health This new full time post is available immediately on a fixed term basis until 31 December 2023. Summary of the role This role is an exciting opportunity to join a leadi...