This is a full time, fixed-term appointment for 36 months starting from 1st June 2019 or sooner.
As Postdoctoral Research Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Implementation and day-to-day running of the EPSRC funded Energy Revolutions Research Consortium (EnergyRev) and Innovate UK funded Local Energy Oxfordshire (LEO) projects
- Develop a toolkit to capture user engagement with an emphasis upon longitudinal design and building performance evaluation methods
- Use the toolkit to undertake longitudinal research in local energy demonstrators
- Investigate through field studies and urban energy models, physical and social issues, constraints and impacts, that scaling up local energy systems will bring to different types of contexts
- Undertake high resolution local energy mapping of Oxfordshire county to strategically identify future local energy projects
- Preparation of papers for publication and making presentations at meetings and/or conferences.
You should have:
- A higher degree (MSc/MPhil/PhD) in architectural engineering, building services, architecture or similar discipline
- Advanced knowledge of smart energy systems in buildings and communities
- Experience of undertaking building performance monitoring and/or user surveys
- Experience of using dynamic thermal simulation packages such as IES, Design Builder
- Experience of undertaking analysis of big datasets
- Experience of designing and analyzing appropriate research tools, eg questionnaires and interviews
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.4% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document 'All about Brookes' below.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
Closing date: 12 May 2019.
Interviews are expected to take place in May 2019.
Please note: Due to volume of applications we will not be able to provide feedback to candidates who are not short-listed.
To email the post of Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Smart Energy Communities to a friend copy and paste link below:
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Diamond Light Source Ltd., United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Beamline I15-1 Diamond Light Source Didcot, Oxfordshire £33,297 - £39,172 per annum (Discretionary range to £45,048) Fixed Term Contract – 3 years Ref: 10194 The X...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant Atom Probe Of Zirconium Alloys For Fission Reactors, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
We seek someone with proven hands-on expertise in both atom probe tomography, focussed-ion-beam and associated characterisation techniques, with an interest in structural materials with nuclear ap...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant Materials, Structure And Manufacture Of Next Generation Batteries, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position to develop new materials and innovative manufacturing approaches to the electrodes and device architectures for next generation batteries. The ...
Café Bar Supervisor (2 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Are you friendly, enthusiastic and full of energy? We are passionate about delivering consistently great service and keen to grow our supportive team. We are looking for two Café Bar Supervisors t...
Research Assistant Single Cell Genomics Facility, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Applicants are invited for a Research Assistant working in the field of single cell genomics. The Single Cell Genomics Facility at the Institute has pioneered the development and application of si...
Research Assistant Bioinformatics (Immunology), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
We are seeking a Research Assistant - Bioinformatics (Immunology) to join Professor M Dustin’s lab at the Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, University of Oxford. The focus of Professor M Dustin’s...