We’re looking for two postdoctoral fellows in the development of novel single-cell sequencing methods to join Song Chen’s group at the Wellcome Sanger Institute.
Our group seeks to explore the cellular diversity during tissue development and disease progression using single-cell multi-omics sequencing technologies. By integrating multimodal information including epigenomics, transcriptomic and proteomics states from individual cells, our work aims to contribute to the understanding of the regulation principles of cellular interactions and cell-fate specification.
About the Roles:
Post 1 - Regulatory Epigenome
The primary objective is to study cell-fate specification during tissue development and disease progression using single-cell sequencing. Specifically, the candidate will develop single-cell multi-omics sequencing methods to construct transcriptomics and epigenomics profiles of fetal or adult organs such as brain.
Post 2 - Signal Transduction
The primary objective is to study signal transduction using NGS sequencing methods. Specifically, the candidate will develop single-cell multi-omics sequencing methods to construct cell-specific signal-response from proteomic and transcriptomics profiles.
You will be expected to achieve the following primary objectives: 1) to design and perform novel sequencing methods for multi-modal profiling of single cells; 2) to establish analysis pipelines to interpret and understand single cell sequencing data.
You will be joining a new team in an established programme supported by an operational team covering wet lab, research administration and informatics. In addition, Sanger has an active Postdoc programme which actively encourages and works with Post Docs to enhance their personal and professional development.
Your work will help shape the future research questions and methodology in the lab and you will be supported to develop your own research projects within the scope of the group’s interests. Our exposure to Human Cell Atlas projects at Sanger will also allow you to contribute to the applications on multiple types of tissues. You will be encouraged to participate in the design and planning of these projects.
- PhD in a relevant subject area (Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience)
- Demonstrable experimental and/or computational skills in next generation sequencing technologies
- Experience of research project planning and troubleshooting
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Experience of writing manuscripts for publication
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and results to collaborators and occasionally to give presentations to large groups
- Ability to work within a team and demonstrates inclusivity and respect for all
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all level
- Experience performing RNAseq/ATAC-seq/ChIP-seq/CITE-seq
- Experience in protein or antibody production, purification and conjugation
- Experience with NGS data analysis using R or Python
- Experience working with tissues and primary cells
- Understanding of ethics of working with human tissue samples
- Supervision and/or mentoring experience
- Experience working with animals
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Closing date: 26th October 2020
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. We undertake large-scale research that forms the foundations of knowledge in biology and medicine. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth. Find out more at www.sanger.ac.uk or follow us on Twitter, Facebook , LinkedIn , Youtube and on our Blog .
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page )
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance Cover and a Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract of 12 months or more)
- Enhanced maternity leave and parental leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme (after 6 months service)
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
Find out more about our Wellcome Genome Campus .
We have recently been awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Postdoctoral Fellow In Spatial Genomics, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
The Opportunity: We are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to join Omer Bayraktar's research group to lead an exciting cell atlassing project of human gonad development. The role will work closely wit...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Spatial Genomics, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
*The Opportunity:* We are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to join Omer Bayraktar's research group to lead an exciting cell atlassing project of human gonad development. The role will work closely wi...
Postdoctoral Research Associate Exosome Engineering / Cell Biology, Exosis, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
<p><strong>Job description</strong></p><p>We are seeking a motivated individual for a postdoctoral research association position in the Department of Pathology at the University of Cambridge. The ...
Research Assistant (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
The University of Cambridge is seeking to appoint a Research Assistant. The project is part of a collaborative project investigating the immunological basis for the onset of type 1 diabetes (T1D) ...
Research Associate (Computational) (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate to join the Marioni laboratory at the CRUK Cambridge Institute to work with the laboratory of Greg Hannon on the integration of si...
Research Associate (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
The Milner Therapeutic Institute is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Postdoctoral researcher to work within the Milner Therapeutics Institute's Centre for Pathway Analysis on a collaborati...