Postdoc position in Neuroscience research of the role microRNA & neurodegenerative markers in Epilepsy
Department: First Department of Neurology – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline: 30 Nov 2022
Start date: Jully 2022
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research
Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, First Department of Neurology in Brno, the Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for Postdoc position in Neuroscience research of the role microRNA & neurodegenerative markers in Epilepsy
Our lab is specifically interested in neurodegenerative markers together with microRNA and its regulatory role in developing temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE). Recent research has discovered the connection between altered microRNA (miRNA/miR) expression and pathological processes in the brain tissues leading to epilepsy onset in animal models and potentially/probably in humans. However, the influence of dysregulated miRNA expression in epilepsy onset has not been fully explained yet. For precise evaluation and the gain of the most accurate data, we work with in vitro (cell culture), in vivo (rat brain slices) and ex vivo (human brain tissue) models.
The postdoctoral position will be part of the more significant NPO project LX22NPO5107 named "Národní ústav pro neurologický výzkum", funded by the Ministry of education, youth and sports (RRF). We are currently looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and independent postdoc with a background in neuroscience, molecular biology, medical biology, biochemistry or related field to help us to uncover the molecular principles of TLE and find the possible way for non-invasive treatment. Your work will include cell culture, western blot, gene library preparation, and sequencing.
More information about us: https://beson.ceitec.cz/en/
The successful candidate should:
- Be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent in Neurosciences or Cell, Molecular biology or similar;
- Be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalents, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad;
- Have Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Have a publishing record – in the last five years, at least three publication outputs ("articles") above the field median (at least two of them in Q1) registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science;
- Have practical experience and theoretical knowledge of basic molecular biology methods (protein isolation, isolation and quantification of nucleic acids, PCR, gel electrophoresis, qPCR, Western Blot, in situ hybridisation, cellular and tissue cultivation);
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required at level C1.
Experience working with animal models.
The applicant shall submit:
- CV including a list of publication activities;
- Motivation letter describing an applicant's research interest and a motivation of why to join our team;
- Contact information of at least two references (name, position, telephone number);
- Diploma (recognition for diplomas from foreign institutions);
- Documents proving the candidate has worked at least two years in the last three years outside the Czech Republic and/or PhD diploma from a foreign institution.
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an exciting job in a dynamically-expanding university area;
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment;
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions;
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment;
- full support of the administrative and project offices;
- support of the Welcome office for the successful applicant and his/her family;
- flexible working hours;
- pension fund contribution;
- 6 weeks of vacation, meal allowance, Multisport card and other benefits.
Workplace: University campus , Kamenice 5, 625 00 Brno, the Czech Republic
Job contract: temporary for three years (2023-2025)
Workload: 40 hours per week
Salary: Fixed, 2 432 EUR (gross, tax 15%)
Start of work: January 2023 or by agreement
Deadline for applications: 30. October 2022
How to apply:
Please use the "E-Application" link below. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance via email. For more information, contact prof. MUDr. Milan Brázdil, PhD. by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , or Mgr. Zita Goliášová at email@example.com .
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
Postdoc Position In Neuroscience Research On The Role Of Micro Rna & Neurodegenerative Markers In Epilepsy , Masaryk University, Czech, about 7 hours ago
Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, First Department of Neurology in Brno, the Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for Postdoc position in Neuroscience research on the role of ...
Postdoctoral Position In Molecular And Cellular Biology Focused On Cancer Signaling Networks , Masaryk University, Czech, about 7 hours ago
The Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, Department of Biology, Brno, the Czech Republic, invites excellent scientists to apply for Postdoctoral position in Molecular and Cellular Biology focuse...
Postdoc And Ph.D. Student Position In The Study Of Rna Fate In The Oocyte And Embryo Development (# Of Pos: 2), Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech, 27 days ago
Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (in Liběchov, Czech Republic) announces a call for a: Postdoc and Ph.D. student position in the study of RNA fate in th...
Senior Researcher, Institute of Experimental Medicine CAS, Czech, 23 days ago
Advertisement for the position of a senior researcher within the project "International mobility of employees IEM CAS". CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0017000 Date of the beginning: December 2022 Lengt...
Postdoc: Czech Republic Evolutionary Virology, Institute of Vertebrate Biology of The Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech, 13 days ago
Description: Our group studying Evolutionary interactions of the holobiont is recruiting a postdoc in evolutionary virology. We work at the Institute of Vertebrate Biology, Research Facility Stude...
Postdoctoral Researcher In The Consortium Project Jpnd Tremendos “, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Poland, 4 days ago
Job description We seek a highly motivated and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Researcher at the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences. The position is in the consortium p...