An exciting opportunity to join the research team at Khalifa University's Center for Biotechnology (BTC) has been established for an upcoming "Postdoctoral Researcher " with leadership aspirations.
The successful candidate will assist in providing high quality research support to assist in the management of an internationally competitive research portfolio in field of biotechnology and biomedical science. The successful candidate will publish research outcomes in high quality peer-reviewed technical journals, thereby contributing to research mission of the university.
Since the experience of a Postdoctoral Researcher is a transitional role towards becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the successful candidate will try their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from an advisor. These skills include, but will be not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
The opportunity also calls for the successful candidate to assist in the management of research projects at the BTC and calls for an individual with sound judgement.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The Center for Biotechnology at Khalifa University is soliciting applications from suitable candidates to fill the role of Postdoctoral Researcher. The role of the position will see the successful candidate fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Participate in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team. Specifically, you will contribute to (a) problem exploration by defining and planning the methodological approaches and sequence of steps; (b) execution of experiments or studies, (c) interpretation of findings; (d) documentation and reporting of results and progress; (e) maintenance of research records and (f) compliance to all established policies and procedures.
- Publish research results in journals that are appropriate to the field in a timely manner and present findings at meetings that are relevant to the research endeavor.
- Participate in writing grant applications and preparing proposals that pertain to the research effort.
- Contribute to the overall activities of the research team, as required.
- Undertake requisite teaching in relation to subject area and mentor graduate students and/or undergraduates under the supervision of the Advisor.
- Regularly meet with the Advisor to (a) apprise the Advisor of research results; (b) for the development and troubleshooting of methodologies; (c) to provide direction and focus to the research; (d) to air concerns and conflicts; and (d) to express mutual expectations.
Perform other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Initiate and lead grant funded research projects in biotechnology and biomedical science, with specific emphasis on subjects related to genome science, bioinformatics, and functional biology.
- Carry out research and produces publications, or other research output, in line with personal objectives agreed in the review process.
Engage in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
In both roles, you will be expected to:
- Contribute to research center and University-wide working groups or committees, as requested.
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in a participatory, developmental or advisory capacity.
- Support and participate in research activities with internal and external partners.
Qualifications & Experience
PhD (or equivalent) with specific skills and knowledge in at least two of the following disciplines: genome science, genetic epidemiology, biostatistics, or bioinformatics.
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate:
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time
Post Doctorat En Génomique Comparative Des Macro Algues Brune (H/F), CNRS, France, 5 days ago
27 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CNRS Department Laboratoire de Biologie Intégrative des Modèles Marins Research Field Biological sciences » Botany Biological sciences Technology »...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Advanced Research & Innovation Center, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 27 days ago
6 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country United Arab Emirates Application Deadline 4 Jun...
Post Doctoral Fellow, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 4 days ago
31 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Research Field Chemistry Engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Establish...
Seeking Senior Research Scientist, Research Scientist Or Postdoctoral Researcher (Ims106 2203) (Laboratory For Large Scale Biomedical Data Technology), RIKEN(The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research), Japan, 10 days ago
25 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company RIKEN(The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research) Department Center for Integrative Medical Sciences Research Field Neurosciences Biological s...
Research Assistant, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 6 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? At the Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Solna, we conduct research on diseases affecting the musculoskeletal system, inc...
Post Doctoral Fellow, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 23 days ago
11 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Research Field Chemistry Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country United Ar...