- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct research activities that are aligned with the KU’s research strategies under the supervision of the lead professor in a team environment.
- To prepare and conduct the chemical synthesis of nanomaterials
- To fabricate membranes and evaluate their applications in water treatment
- To conduct materials characterization experiments by using a range of advanced instruments
- To conduct analysis involving membrane filtration-related chemistry, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and various transport phenomenon
- To interpret the data in relation to membrane performance, water quality, mass and heat transfer, surface energy of the materials
- To communicate well with the lead professor in addressing all research challenges
- To write scientific document reporting the methods, results and discussion for publication
- To work harmoniously in a team environment with a helpful working attitude to students
- To help in the laboratory house-keeping and basic maintenances
- To help the Masters and PhD students in the group on laboratory skills and functioning
Qualifications & Experience
PhD Degree in Applied Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering,
- Good track record of high quality journal publication as first author.
- Membrane fabrication, characterization and evaluation in water treatment and desalination
- nanomaterials synthesis and advanced characterization
- Solid knowledge on membrane-based water treatment, various transport phenomenon and interfacial surface energy of the materials
- Have knowledge on molecular dynamic simulations
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Engineering, Civil And Urban Engineering, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, 28 days ago
5 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Country United Arab...
Postdoc In Multi Physic Modeling Of High Pressure Membrane For Renewable Energy Generation – Dtu Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 3 days ago
Mass transport processes in membrane-based systems are of great scientific and practical importance in a wide range of applications such as green energy and water technologies. These processes are...
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Engineering, Mechanical, Prof. Raed Hashaikeh, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, 6 days ago
26 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI Research Field Chemistry Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Countr...
Postdoc Position In Urban Water Engineering With A Focus On Stormwater Quality , ; Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, about 21 hours ago
The internationally leading Urban Water Engineering research group at Luleå University of Technology has two exciting positions available in stormwater management, at Postdoctoral (ref nr 2002 - 2...
Research Fellow, Chemical Engineering, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 10 days ago
23 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Chemistry Engineering Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singapore Application ...
Postdoc On Electro Osmotic Drying Of Diluted Biomass Streams, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Position (Post-doctoral) Researcher Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.6645 Job description In our research group Membrane Materials an...