- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
We seek to fill a position of Postdoctoral Fellow in an externally -funded research project as part of VRI (Virtual Research Institute) : for sustainable energy production, storage and utilization . This role is part of theme 1: Sustainable Power Generation Thrust 1.1: Solar Energy (Photovoltaics). This theme aims to develop technologies toward sustainable power generation directly from photovoltaics. For PV, previously we developed silicon-based solar cells with enhanced internal quantum efficiency and overall cell efficiency by implementing a simple cell structure at low additional cost. This improved technology will be integrated into commercial Si solar cell and module products and tested at KU’s solar PV platform. This challenge can be tackled by developing multifunctional coatings. In this role, researching new nano material coatings such at metal nanoparticles, 2D materials and perovskites.
The candidate will be responsible for deposition of materials and solar cell fabrication . In addition, the candidate will test the solar cells (under 1 Sun and using EQE). Drafting papers to be submitted high quality journals and conferences
The candidate will help with training and supervising graduate students in their research.
Qualifications & Experience
PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Solar Cell Fabrication Experience
- Testing of Solar Cells
- Device Physics
- Materails Characterization : SEM, AFM, XRD, plus: TEM, XPS
- Excellent written and oral skills
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team ([email protected] ).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time
Postdoctoral Researcher In Skin, Alternative Splicing, And Single Cell Biology (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 8 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Description of the research group Kasper Lab. With our research – rooted within the fields of skin and stem cell biology – we aim to answ...
Postdoctoral Fellow Immune Oncology, Vaccinology And Immunology, City of Hope, United States, 4 days ago
JOIN US MARCH 5th! You’re invited to a live virtual presentation featuring Ajay Goel, Ph.D., AGAF hosted by City of Hope to share insights on his research and provide valuable information to cand...
Post Doc In Intracellular Signaling, Nature Careers, United States, 19 days ago
National Institutes of Health, USA Postdoctoral Position Postdoctoral position is available immediately at the National Institutes of Health in the laboratory of David B. Sacks to study intracellu...
Research Assistant Position Immunology/Cancer Immunotherapy Lab (Beltra Group) , University of Basel, Switzerland, 7 days ago
The Department of Biomedicine is a joint effort between the University of Basel and the University Hospitals Basel. It unites basic and clinical scientists to advance our understanding of health a...
Postdoctoral Studies In Stem Cell Metabolism (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 14 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The research team A postdoctoral scholarship is available in the lab of Pekka Katajisto at the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, ...
Postdoctoral Position (Scholarship) In Adoptive Cell Therapy, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 6 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We are looking for 1-2 Postdoctoral Researcher(s) (Scholarship) with an interest in Adoptive Cell Therapy and how it can be used as treat...