View All Vacancies
Planning and Performance Department
Location: Curzon Building
Salary: £32,669 to £35,510 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 01 November 2020
Interview Date: Friday 13 November 2020
Would you like to play a role in planning the future of Birmingham City University – in an unprecedentedly fast-moving environment? Do you enjoy deriving patterns and insights from large, diverse data sets? Do you take pride in making data work for the business? The post of Planning and Reporting Officer within the Planning and Performance Department at BCU might be just for you.
We are recruiting to the new role of Planning and Reporting Officer. You will be part of a small, friendly team and you will report to the Head of Student Number Planning and Reporting. You will undertake a range of student number reporting and analysis duties, including compiling and assuring crucial and complex data returns which are shared with Government agencies and contributing to PPD’s team vision to be a centre of excellence for data insights in the University.
The new Planning and Reporting Officer role will:
- Design flexible and appropriate in-year student number reports, responding to the needs of stakeholders and working with them collaboratively across the University
- Play a key role in the collation of key Statutory Returns, including the annual HESA Student Return
- Produce internal student number reports and forecasts using a range of techniques and technologies.
- Collaborate closely on student number information with a range of stakeholders in the University, including making presentations on data insights and outturns
- Support innovative Business Intelligence solutions and presentation
- Contribute to PPD’s role as a centre of excellence for data insight in the University.
You will need:
- A degree, preferably in a numerate subject (Essential)
- Experience and evidence of delivery of student number statutory reporting in Higher Education environment (Essential)
- Knowledge of advanced Excel for reporting, dashboarding and modelling (Essential)
- Experience of BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI (Essential )
- Knowledge of statutory reporting requirements in Higher Education. (Essential)
- Experience of effective cross-departmental working to deliver business solutions. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of SITS student record system. (Desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to stick to deadlines (Essential)
With over 25,000 students on campus, BCU is the university for Birmingham – about 70% of our students come from Birmingham or the West Midlands. As well as responding to the pandemic, we are embarking on a new five-year strategy to grow to respond to Birmingham’s increasing population and to meet the city’s needs for highly-skilled, flexible and competent graduates in a wide variety of career areas, ranging from musicians, artists and designers to engineers, lawyers and health professionals.
The Planning and Performance Department is a small department delivering business insights, forecasting and essential management information, HE policy analysis and business intelligence directly to the Vice-Chancellor and their senior team, as well as to the varied academic areas of the University. We inform decision making and help the University thrive in the strongly data-driven policy environment of English Higher Education. Our remit includes policy research and impact assessment, student data reporting and analysis, forecasting, trend analysis, statutory reporting, surveys, and regulatory compliance work.
This role will not attract sufficient points to obtain a sponsored Tier 2 visa under the points-based immigration system, however, applications are welcome from candidates who don’t currently have the right to work in the UK, but who would be eligible to obtain a visa via another route.
Please note on occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. If this does happen, we will contact all candidates via email who have started but not yet completed their application, giving 48 hours’ notice. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
Birmingham City University are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Birmingham City University ('BCU') is committed to protecting your personal data and being transparent about what we do with your personal data. One of the ways we do this is through our privacy notices. For further information please click here .
Associate Dean Research And Enterprise , Birmingham City University ;, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Location: Birmingham, City Centre Campus Interview Date: To be confirmed Our university has a deserved reputation as a vibrant, ambitious and successful institution. The investment of over £300M ...
Managing Director, Precision Health Technologies Accelerator 96548 Grade 10, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
Managing Director, Precision Health Technologies Accelerator - 96548 - Grade 10 - (200002T0) Description Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full Time Salary: Competitive ...
Dvc (Academic) , Birmingham City University ;, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Birmingham City University has a deserved reputation as a vibrant, ambitious and successful institution. With over 26,800 students from c.100 countries, 3,250 staff, and an annual income of c £256...
Assistant Lecturer/ Lecturer In Psychology (10 Posts) , Birmingham City University ;, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Location: Curzon Building Interview Date: To be confirmed Birmingham City University is an ambitious and vibrant institution with an enviable track record of success in research and teaching in Ps...
Bseen Project Coordinator , Aston University ;, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Contract Type: Fixed Term (29 Months) Basis: Full Time Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Sunday 06 December 2020 Interview Date: Wednesday 16 December 2020 Reference: R200340 An exciting opportunit...
Senior Lecturer In Non Medical Prescribing , Birmingham City University ;, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Interview Date: Thursday 17 December 2020 This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Non-Medical Prescriber to join the Department of Post Qualifying Healthcare Practice, within the School...