PA to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Vice Chancellors Office
You will provide a high level, confidential and professional PA and executive support service to the Vice-Chancellor’s Office and specifically to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, and their Business Manager. The post-holder will work flexibly to support the VCO and you will be required to cover in the absence of the PA to the Vice-Chancellor.
We are looking for an experienced individual who will be able to demonstrate recent experience of working in this or a similar capacity.
This post is full-time, fixed-term from the 21 October 2019 until 2 November 2020.
Expected core working hours: 9am - 5pm.
Informal enquiries are welcome to Sunita Farnham
Salary £22,417 - £26,715 per annum (Grade 4)
Date advert posted: Thursday, 10 October 2019
Closing date: Sunday, 27 October 2019
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds. We therefore welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of sex, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, trans identity, relationship status, religion or belief, caring responsibilities, or age. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.
Important note: It is the University’s policy to use the person specification as a key tool for short-listing. Candidates should evidence that they meet ALL of the essential criteria as well as, where relevant, the desirable. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide this evidence via a supporting statement. Please ensure that the evidence you are providing corresponds with the numbered criteria outlined below. Your application will be considered based on the information you provide under each element.
When attaching the supporting statement to your application profile, please ensure that you name it with the vacancy reference
number, e.g. Supporting Statement for 9157BR.
Qualifications, Education and Skills
• NVQ 3/A-levels or equivalent experience;
• Experience of working as a PA or executive support, within a similar environment or a large-scale organisation with high levels of diary management.
Customer Service, Communication and Team Working
• Evidence of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts and providing an effective and positive customer service to a diverse range of people.
• Proven experience of communicating professionally and to a high standard both orally and in writing with an eye for detail. Evidence of ability to work with minimal supervision, independently and as part of a team.
• Evidence of working in a confidential environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with a positive attitude and a willingness and proven ability to work and interact well within an established team.
Planning, Analysis and Problem Solving
• Proven high levels of organisation skills, with the ability to triage and prioritise workload, for self and others, to meet deadlines.
• Evidence of ability to use initiative and creativity to identify and implement practical solutions to problems.
• Experience of working in higher education
• A willingness to communicate in Welsh. Applicants with little or no Welsh language skills will be provided with the necessary training and support.25,298
Research Associate In Epr Characterisation Of Heterogeneous Catalysis , Cardiff University ;, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
We seek to recruit an enthusiastic, highly motivated scientist with proven intellectual and technical abilities to work on a heterogeneous photocatalysis project, with an emphasis on advanced spec...
Research Associate In Organic Electrochemistry , Cardiff University ;, United Kingdom, about 16 hours ago
We seek to recruit an enthusiastic, highly motivated scientist with proven intellectual and technical abilities to work on a synthetic organic chemistry project. The overall focus of the programme...
Research Associate , Cardiff University ;, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual for a position at Cardiff University Centre for Human Developmental Science (CUCHDS). The successful candidate will join a collaborative research team to ...
Research Associate In Statistical Genetics , Cardiff University ;, United Kingdom, about 16 hours ago
The School of Optometry & Vision Sciences at Cardiff University is seeking applications for the position of Research Associate (Grade 6) for a project funded by the Fight for Sight charity ent...
Research Assistant Wales Centre For Public Policy , Cardiff University ;, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
This post offers a unique opportunity for an outstanding graduate to obtain first-hand experience of policy relevant research, working closely with leading academics, senior policymakers and publi...
Research Associate In Hydrological Modelling , Cardiff University ;, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Associate (PDRA) position funded by a European Union (EU) Horizon 2020 project, ‘DOWN2EARTH: Translation of climate information into multilevel...