Vacancy Type/Job category
Management & Professional
£22,847 - £26,341 per annum
The University of Warwick
Full time, permanent
As a Personal Assistant within WMG, you will provide secretarial and administrative support to WMG’s Professorial staff on work involving both internal and external parties which includes communicating with stakeholders, diary management, arranging meetings, preparing correspondence and making travel arrangements. In addition, you will prepare meeting materials, report drafts and assist with preparing presentations. You will arrange meeting facilities, prepare agendas and act as meeting secretary, taking and circulating minutes etc.
Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent with GCSE English and Maths or equivalent, previous experience of working in an office environment and experience of providing PA or administrative support is essential. You should have the ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner at all times and possess excellent IT skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
In return we will provide you with a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
At WMG we are committed to supporting staff to achieve their potential. We currently hold the Athena SWAN Silver Award and the University of Warwick holds an Institutional Silver Award: a national initiative that recognizes the advancement of gender equality, representation, progression and success for all in academia. We are supportive of staff with caring responsibilities including a generous maternity/paternity/adoption/parental leave policy, and onsite childcare facilities. We will consider applications for employment on a part-time or other flexible working basis, even where a position is advertised as full-time, unless there are operational or other objective reasons why it is not possible to do so.
To provide PA support to a range of Professorial and administrative support to senior managerial staff within WMG.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To provide provision of day-to-day PA support including diary management, managing mail, responding to requests for information, arranging meetings and related catering, making travel bookings, processing expense claims, supporting Opera requests, preparing timesheets for EU funded projects, acting as first point of contact for the group, screening correspondence, drafting correspondence for the Professors, and responding to queries.
2. To co-ordinate suitable meeting dates, set up meeting rooms including booking the room, arranging catering and setting up IT/AV equipment. Drafting and circulating agendas, preparing relevant material for meetings, taking minutes and actions of the meeting and circulating minutes following the meeting. Ensuring that actions are completed prior to next meeting
3. To be responsible for managing all travel arrangements for the Professorial team. This includes searching for appropriate flights, trains and accommodation, liaising with the travel agent, placing the booking, making relevant visa arrangements, liaising with Finance, issuing tickets and ensuring that arrangements are correct.
4. To organise events, workshops, seminars, project events and meetings with a range of internal and external delegates, for between 10 and 200 delegates. This includes scheduling dates, booking rooms or venues, organising speakers, setting up IT/AV equipment, arranging catering, organising marketing material, providing support and guidance for international delegates, assisting with expenses and attending the event to ensure the smooth running of the event.
5. Provide advice and guidance on WMG process, directing staff to HR, Finance, and Reception etc. as appropriate.
6. Play an active role as part of the WMG PA Team, contribute towards process improvements, provide support during busy periods and absence, and ensure a professional PA service to WMG.
7. Provide local induction for new members of the team, including greeting staff on their first day, informing staff of local policies and arrangements, introducing staff to members of the team, ensuring that a desk and relevant IT equipment have been put in place. Act as source of guidance for the team, provide advice and guidance on WMG process, directing staff to HR, Finance, and Reception etc as appropriate.
8. Other administrative and PA duties as required such as updating team webpages with contact details, maintenance of filing systems, records and databases, providing cover for other PAs and support to the Chairman’s office as required.
The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively. This is measured by (a) Application Form, (b) Test/Exercise, (c) Interview, (d) Presentation.
Essential Criteria 1
Educated to A-Level or equivalent with A-C in GCSE English and Mathematics or equivalent (a)
Essential Criteria 2
Experience of providing high level PA / administrative support (a,c)
Essential Criteria 3
Excellent written and verbal communication skills – with the ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner at all times to staff and external stakeholders at all levels (a,c)
Essential Criteria 4
Experience of dealing with difficult or sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy (a,c)
Essential Criteria 5
Strong attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines (a,b,c)
Essential Criteria 6
Excellent independent problem solving and analytical skills (a,c)
Essential Criteria 7
Excellent organisation skills with the ability to work flexibly, pro-actively and manage own workload (a,c,)
Essential Criteria 8
Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to cope under pressure (a,c)
Essential Criteria 9
Ability to work with discretion on confidential matters (a,c)
Essential Criteria 10
Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (a,c,)
Desirable Criteria 1
Experience of updating and maintaining websites and the use of Sitebuilder or other Content Management Systems (a,c)
Desirable Criteria 2
Experience of working within Higher Education (a,c)
For further information about the University of Warwick, please read our University Further Particulars .
For further information about the department, please visit the departmental website .
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
The University of Warwick provides an inclusive working and learning environment, recognising and respecting every individual’s differences. We welcome applications from individuals who identify with any of the protected characteristics defined by the Equality Act 2010.
Right to work in the UK
If you do not yet have the right to work in the UK and/or are seeking sponsorship for a Skilled Worker visa in the UK points-based immigration system please click on this link which contains further information about obtaining right to work in the UK and details about eligibility for sponsorship for a Skilled Worker Visa.
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
As an organisation using the (DBS) Disclosure and Barring Service to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, the University of Warwick complies with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. More information is available on the University’s Vacancy pages and applicants may request a copy of the DBS Code of Practice.
18 Oct 2021
Research Fellow (Remote Laser Welding) (100347 1121) , University of Warwick ;, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Fixed Term Contract until 30th June 2023 This position will support rapid deployment of new manufacturing technologies necessary for lightweight strategy in the automotive industry. It builds on t...
Research Fellow (Robotics, Metrology, And Machine Learning) (104500 0712) , University of Warwick ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract - 36 months or until 25th February 2025, whichever is soonest An exciting opportunity exists to be part of the Digital Lifecycle Management Group, part of the world ...
Research Fellow (104773 1121) , University of Warwick ;, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
The full-time, fixed-term post is available for up to 12 months with an anticipated start date of early January 2022. There is the possibility of an extension to the end of April 2023. You will un...
Teaching Fellow (104761 1121) , University of Warwick ;, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
This is a fixed-term maternity contract starting on 1 January 2022 and running until 18 September 2022; 36.5 hours per week. Applications are invited for the post of Teaching Fellow in Internation...
2 X Research Fellow (103736 1121 & 103737 1121) , University of Warwick ;, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Fixed Term Contract for 3 years Research Fellow opportunities available in a friendly and productive lab seeking to understand how biomolecular motors work. We mostly use protein engineering to pr...
Research Fellow (104902 1221) , University of Warwick ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Full time, fixed term position for 6 months (immediate start). An exciting new post-doctoral position has become available in one of the UK’s leading epidemiological modelling groups at the Univer...