Vacancy Available: One
School/Department: English Language Centre (ELC)
Job Family: Administration
Type of Contract: PTE 0.5
Hours of Work: 20 Hours/Week
Place of Work: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
Reporting To: Coordinator
Appointment Duration: 1 Year
Probation Period: 6 Months
Application Deadline: Application is open until the position is filled
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH) seeks to employ an enthusiastic and well qualified applicant to fill the position of PTE Administrator. The role predominantly focuses on delivering the Pearson Test of English (Academic) in our certified test centre. You will also have to help test takers create online accounts, booking tests and dealing with general enquiries related to the Pearson Test of English Academic but also provides a range of administrative support to the Pearson Test Centre (PTE) in the successful implementation of the vision and strategy of the University. This role would be suited to someone with a high level of administration experience with an eye for detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The PTE Administrator will:
- Provide a high level of personal and administrative assistance to the line manager and the Centre.
- Administer and support discrete projects as required.
- Act as the central point of contact with Pearson for daily matters concerning the Centre.
- Act as the central point of contact for the Centre to manage the communications with staff members, students, the client group and all other external parties dealing with the Centre.
- Create and maintain all necessary records of the Centre.
- Manage the supply of printed resources related to customer enquiries for the Centre.
- Manage the physical resources of the office and arrange appropriate maintenance or renewal of equipment e.g. lT, office furniture, etc.
- Relate with other offices, School Deans, the Academic and Administration Departments, and external bodies as required.
- Prioritise and circulate points of action and information to a professional standard in order to ensure these activities are managed efficiently.
- Manage own time to ensure tasks are completed within given deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist in translation of documents if required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager.
- A University degree in Management, Administration or a relevant field.
- Good level of English language with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Fluent Kurdish.
- Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Personal Assistant or a relevant advanced administrative or secretarial work is desirable.
- Proven computer literacy skills, competency in MS Windows and MS Office package in particular: Word, Outlook, Access and Excel.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of people including students, graduates, University staff and other stakeholders.
- To be a team player.
- Experience of carrying out a wide range of administrative duties to support a multi-functional team.
- Experience of working in the education sector will be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and high planning skills and accurate clerical abilities.
- Ability to coordinate events and activities effectively.
- Ability to process documentation relevant to University functions.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the Vacancy Title: PTE Administrator and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd ).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Program And National Test Center Coordinator, Al Dhafra, University of Maryland University College, United Arab Emirates, 1 day ago
Category: Advising and Enrollment Location: Al Dhafra - United Arab Emirates Requisition ID: 10010400 . Program and National Test Center Coordinator UMGC Europe Location: Al Dhafra, U.A.E. Overse...
Program And National Testing Center Coordinator, Sigonella, University of Maryland University College, Italy, 1 day ago
Category: Advising and Enrollment Location: Sigonella-Italy Requisition ID: 10010328 . Program and National Test Center Coordinator UMGC Europe Location: Sigonella, Italy Overseas Contingent III, ...
Administrator, Center For Global Asia / 环球亚洲研究中心高级助理, New York University, United States, 7 days ago
The Administrator for the Center for Global Asia provides administrative support to the Center, its projects, and maintaining financial and budgetary records. Other responsibilities include traini...
Coordinator Of Testing Services, University of Mississippi, United States, 11 days ago
Definition of Class This position coordinates and participates in the operation of the University of Mississippi Testing Center, which provides computer and paper based standardized tests for Univ...
Visiting Research Specialist (75% Fte) Department Of Medicine, Center For Dissemination And Implementation Science (Job Id #125794), University of Illinois, United States, 6 days ago
The Center for Dissemination and Implementation Science at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking a 75% FTE Visiting Research Specialist. Founded in 2017, the Center for Dissemination an...
Associate Professor Of Data Science In Healthcare, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Faculty of Health & Life Sciences, Research Centre for Intelligent Healthcare. Coventry University is seeking an Associate Professor of Data Science in Healthcare in the Centre for Intelligent Hea...