Location: Devon House, London, Remote-based
Term: Full-time; Fixed Term - 9 months (maternity cover)
Benefits: Generous benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance pro rata (excl. Bank holidays), group life assurance, group income protection, pension schemes and private healthcare (optional)
Start: October 2022
Northeastern University (NU) wishes to appoint a fixed term Partnerships and Bid Manager to cover a period of maternity leave. We are looking for an experienced and proactive bid manager, results driven and with a proven history of writing and developing winning bids. Working alongside business development colleagues, you will search out and secure funded project ideas and proposals that will build capacity within the team. The ideal candidate will have considerable experience of developing and facilitating relationships between the HE sector and the business community and will possess an in-depth understanding of the importance of innovation in a business context. You will work to identify organisations with potential synergies to the University’s expertise, developing proposals for targeting such business. In addition, you will support and manage the development and progression of existing partnerships and programmes, assisting with application and review processes as required.
Reporting to the Director of Apprenticeships you will play a key role in contributing to the delivery of NU London’s growth plans by winning new business and maximising partnership opportunities.
The role is suitable for remote working, provided the appointee is able to attend the campus for face-to-face work when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, manage and report on new tender opportunities for NU London
- Responsible for the submission of expressions of interest, pre-qualifications questionnaires and tenders
- Support and manage the development of key business partnerships, identifying and pursuing new opportunities where they arise
- Stakeholder management – establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external contacts, ensuring their engagement and adherence to required response times
- Provide assistance with the development and continuation of existing business in respect of required award applications, renewals, assessments and reviews, for example
- Working closely with the Operations and QA Manager, ensure adequate processes are in place for the conversion of winning proposals into on programme learning
- Provide support towards any reporting/assessment requirements e.g. formal Management Information returns, or to demonstrate execution of contractual deadlines and obligations as may be required
- Review and update existing supplier portals, keeping documents and organisational details up to date for future procurement exercises
- Ensuring data sharing and retention is in line with GDPR, including NU London and client/partner policies
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post in support of the Director of Apprenticeships or their nominee, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
EDGE (Experiential, Digital, Global, Education) is part of Northeastern’s Global Network and is dedicated to designing and delivering work-related learning throughout the UK and internationally. The EDGE team work remotely, using innovative pedagogical approaches and best practice in digital education and collaboration to ensure an excellent learner experience for individuals or groups of learners, wherever they are based. The EDGE team currently delivers a growing portfolio of work-related learning aligned to digital transformation, data science, artificial intelligence, and project management.
Person Specification Criteria (Essential / Desirable)
- Honours degree or equivalent professional or vocational qualification and/or extensive relevant senior administration experience [E]
- Experience of managing the bid process, from expression of interest to submission [E]
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience in the management of business partnerships and engaging with new organisations [E]
- Strong communication (verbal and written), demonstrating clear literacy skills, with an extensive vocabulary and excellent editing and proofing ability [E]
- Knowledge of the administrative requirements associated with work-related learning / skills programmes [E]
- Experience working within Higher Education (ideally) or within Further Education [E]
- Ability to problem solve to ensure that potential contract and funding requirements can be achieved in practice [E]
- Experience in the use of database and management information systems, with an ability to create records, and to extract and report information as required [E]
- Ability to understand, analyse and interpret complex data and business information, also in a strategic way to summarise, report and communicate clearly to a wide range of stakeholders, including non-specialists [D]
- Experience in dealing with numerous external stakeholders, including central government and auditors, with an ability to quickly understand stakeholder concerns, and work flexibility to incorporate solutions that continue to meet internal and external goals and compliance requirements [D]
- Strong project management capabilities with excellent organisation and time management skills, demonstrating an ability to work flexibly and to deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail [E]
- Excellent record keeping and maintenance, with awareness of Data Protection and GDPR [E]
- High degree of professionalism and personal integrity; ability to exercise complete discretion and maintain confidentiality [E]
- Able to work without close supervision and with autonomy but also collaboratively as a team member, being flexible and adaptable, and with a willingness to embrace change [E]
- Resilient, with a can-do attitude and an ability to remain calm and measured under pressure [E]
- Competent in the use of IT, especially MS Office [E]
- Willingness and capacity to undertake continuous professional development [E]
Applications should be made via this link by 20:00 on 29th September 2022 . Please reference your application “PBM922”. Participation in the equal opportunities section is encouraged, but voluntary.
Applications must include a covering letter of no more than one page and a full curriculum vitae.
Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and will be judged on merit alone. Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Ref And Research Impact Officer Req7466, London South Bank University, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Job profile The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included. Job details Job titleREF and Researc...
Lecturer In Business Management, UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Lecturer in Business Management x2 Location: University Square Salary: Starting from £42,454 per annum inclusive of London Weighting Post Type: Full Time Post Type: Permanent Closing Date: Tuesd...
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Educational Technologist, UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Location: Stratford Campus Salary: Lecture from £42,454 per annum inclusive of London Weighting Senior Lecture starting from £48,599per annum inclusive of London Weighting Post Type: Full Time Pos...
<! Anchor > <! Anchor > Senior Learning Technologist <! Anchor > , King's College London, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
The Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine seeks to appoint a Senior Learning Technologist to be part of the Faculty Education Services (FES) Digital Education Team. Accountable for the management o...
Senior Lecturer In Leadership And Management, UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Location: Docklands Campus Salary: starting at £48,599 per annum inclusive of London Weighting Post Type: Full Time Post Type: Permanent Closing Date: Tuesday 29 November 2022 Reference: 153A2022 ...
Lecturer In Leadership And Management, UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Location: Docklands Campus Salary: Starting from £42,454 per annum inclusive of London Weighting Post Type: Full Time Post Type: Permanent Closing Date: Wednesday 30 November 2022 Reference: 158A2...