Partnership Development Manager
Academic Partnership Unit (APU)
£40,329 to £57,430 per annum
As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Are you a confident business development professional with a strong track record of delivering against targets in a highly competitive environment?
Are you looking for your next challenge with a sector leading, international organisation?
Join Coventry University.
‘’We are a dynamic, global and transformational University Group.
Creating better futures, we will be world leading in all that we do.’’
Coventry University is forward thinking, proactive and unique institution which is undertaking a huge transformation; one that is seeing the University significantly rise in a number of UK and Worldwide Higher Education league tables. Our strategy to 2021 and beyond will enhance our position as a leading provider of innovative education - globally.
We have partnerships with academic institutions around the world, giving international students the opportunity to study a Coventry University qualification in their own country. We operate teaching programmes abroad for over 16,000 students around the World. In 2015, we were awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, one of the most coveted accolades in UK business, in recognition of our international growth and success. We are one of only a select few higher education institutions to receive this award.
Coventry University is now one of the leading UK study destinations for international students and the global agenda is at the heart of our mission and strategy.
Who We Are
The Academic Partnership Unit (APU) at Coventry University works across the University group to identify, develop and support academic collaborations between Coventry University, both in the UK and around the world. Providing extensive support to our partners, the APU primarily helps to facilitate the development, management and delivery of academic programmes jointly with overseas education providers.
Our team has begun a significant new phase with ambitious targets for expanding the scale of our activity and becoming a leading university worldwide in the delivery of transnational education (TNE).
To achieve further growth and increase our presence worldwide, we are looking to recruit an innovative and energetic Business Development Manager with proven track records of client management and business development to join our expanding team.
Who You Are
As a member of the Business Development Team, reporting into the Deputy Director Business Development (APU) you will make a significant contribution towards the growth and future success of this dynamic and successful team, through identifying new partnerships and the development of new markets across the world and new forms of collaborative delivery and progression, through engaging both internal and external stakeholders, globally.
A highly enthusiastic and entrepreneurial professional, you will flourish in our team if you:
- Have a strong track record of business development within a target driven environment.
- Are a first class negotiator: a sophisticated communicator and engager, you use your knowledge and confidence to build enthusiasm and partnership
- Put the customer first: “customer delight” is demonstrably at the heart of your work ethos
- Are confident with complex projects throughout the lifecycle – you’re a relentless completer-finisher
- Have excellent communication (both verbal and written) and a track record of relationship/account management
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and/or resilient when it comes to navigating complex organisational processes in order to achieve your objectives
- Have excellent data management/numeracy and analytical skills
- Are confident, fast and flexible
- Are a proactive and constructive status-quo challenger
- A competitive reward package including 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays (which increases with length of service) and a generous pension scheme including life insurance
- A learning environment, with the opportunity to pursue Leadership & Management trainings, MBA or DBA programmes, Project Management certification (Prince2), language courses, international cultures training, financial education workshops …and much more!
- Opportunity to tap into the diverse CU Rewards options: NUS discount card, tuition fee discount (staff children included), Vodafone Employee Advantage, West Midlands Travel card, Cycle to Work scheme, annual season ticket, physiotherapy sessions, free eyesight tests and eyewear discounts…and more!
- The opportunity to work in a vibrant and friendly team that supports one of the key strategic pillars of the University Group
- The opportunity to travel the world to grow and enhance educational opportunities for students across diverse geographies
Please click here to view the job description and person specification.
Interviews Date: TBC
Research Project Administrator: Finding Middlemarch In Coventry 2021, University of London, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
View All Vacancies Department of English Location: Other Salary: £29,645 per annum pro rata - including London Allowance Closing Date: Wednesday 23 June 2021 Interview Date: To be confirmed Refe...
Director Of International Commercial Partnerships , The University of Law ;, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Contract – Permanent Location – flexible (based in a UK campus) Who are we? The University of Law (ULaw) is one of the world's largest law schools. With an impressive history dating back to 1876, ...
Ai & Machine Learning Development Engineer , University of Derby ;, Laos, 5 days ago
Location: Cedar House, Ashby de la Zouch, LE65 2UZ Contract Type: 24 months fixed term contract University of Derby’s College of Science & Engineering in partnership with Premtech ltd are offering...
Head Of Business Development & Engagement Dubai Operations 97574 Grade 8, University of Birmingham, United Arab Emirates, 3 days ago
Head of Business Development & Engagement - Dubai Operations - 97574 - Grade 8 - (2100011G) Description Position Details Dubai Professional Services, External Relations University of Birmingham, D...
Head Of Business Development & Engagement Dubai Operations 97574 Grade 8, University of Birmingham, United Arab Emirates, about 3 hours ago
Head of Business Development & Engagement - Dubai Operations - 97574 - Grade 8 - (2100012G) Description Position Details Dubai Professional Services, External Relations University of Birmingham, D...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Engineering Science , University of Lincoln ;, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Location: Dartmouth (Devon) Please note, this post is permanent, full time at 1.0 FTE Interview Date: See advert Lecturer salary from £33,797 Senior Lecturer salary from £39,152 This post will be...