Orgainsational Developement Business Partner (Leaderships and People Development)
Full time, permanent, hybrid working options
44,414 - 52,841 per annum
The Role and Department
People are the most important asset of Durham University and our HR Department is pivotal in ensuring that we attract, recruit, develop, reward and retain the very best talent from across the world into our University community. Building on our bold and ambitious University Strategy, a key role of HR is to secure the University's strategic aim, 'to be a world leading employer' by ensuring that our staff can reach their full potential. The HR Department plays a lead role in creating a working environment for our staff (and potential staff) which is supportive, stimulating and informative which provides for creative and innovative employment practices and opportunities. Our aim is to make sure that Durham University is a great place to work.
Further information about the role and the responsibilities is at the bottom of this job description.
Working at Durham
A competitive salary is only one part of the many fantastic benefits you will receive if you join the University: you will also receive access to the following fantastic benefits:
- 30 Days annual leave per year in addition to 8 public holidays and 4 customary days per year - a total of 42 days per year.
- The University closes between Christmas and New Year
- We offer a generous pension scheme, As a new member of staff you will be automatically enrolled into this University Superannuation Scheme (USS).
- No matter how you travel to work, we have you covered. We have parking across campus, a cycle to work scheme which helps you to buy a bike and discount with local bus and train companies.
- There is a genuine commitment to developing our colleagues professionally and personally. There is a comprehensive range of development courses, apprenticeships and access to qualifications and routes to develop your career in the University. All staff have dedicated annual time to concentrate on their personal development opportunities.
- Lots of support for health and wellbeing including discounted membership for our state of the art sport and gym facilities and access to a 24-7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- On site nursery is available and children's clubs in the summer holidays.
- Family friendly policies, including maternity and adoption leave, which are among the most generous in the higher education sector (and likely above and beyond many employers).
- The opportunity to take part in staff volunteering activities to make a difference in the local community
- Discounts are available via our benefits portal including; money off at supermarkets, high street retailers, IT products such as Apple, the cinema and days out at various attractions.
- A salary sacrifice scheme is also available to help you take advantage of tax savings on benefits.
- If you are moving to Durham, we can help with removal costs and we have a dedicated team who can help you with the practicalities such as house hunting and schools. If you need a visa, we cover most visa costs and offer an interest free loan scheme to pay for dependant visas.
Organisation Development Business Partner (Leadership And People Development), Durham University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Organisation Development Business Partner (Leadership and People Development) ( Job Number: 23000937) HR & OD Grade 8: - £44,414 - £52,841 per annum Open-Ended/Permanent - Full Time Contracted Hou...
Trainee It Technician (Apprentice), Durham University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Trainee IT Technician (Apprentice) ( Job Number: 23000724) Computing and Information Services Grade 2: - £20,863 - £21,134 per annum Fixed Term - Full Time Contract Duration: 36 Months Contracted...
Vice Principal, Durham University, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Vice Principal ( Job Number: 23000753) John Snow College Grade 8: - £44,414- £52,841 per annum Open-Ended/Permanent - Full Time Contracted Hours per Week: 35 Closing Date : 25-May-2023, 6:59:00 PM...
Administrative Assistant, Durham University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Administrative Assistant ( Job Number: 23000720) Durham Centre for Academic Development Grade 2: - £20,863 - £21,134 per annum Fixed Term - Full Time Contract Duration: 13 Weeks Contracted Hours p...
Apprentice Chef , Durham University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Apprentice Chef ( Job Number: 23000808) Operations Directorate Grade 1: - £20,578 per annum Fixed Term - Full Time Contracted Hours per Week: 35 Closing Date : 13-Jun-2023, 6:59:00 PM Disclosure ...
Assistant Principal (Stephenson College), Durham University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Assistant Principal (Stephenson College) ( Job Number: 23000813) Stephenson College Grade 7: - £36,333 - £43,155 per annum Open-Ended/Permanent - Full Time Contracted Hours per Week: 35 Closing Da...