Full Time, fixed term contract (until May 2022)
Salary: Grade 4: £24,534 - £27,735 per annum
For this role, appointments are usually made at £24,534
We have a fantastic opportunity for 3 enthusiastic, adaptable, and organised candidates to join a team leading work to improve the quality and safety of healthcare. As an Operations Support Officer, you will coordinate and support work across vital areas of our work programme, including:
- Our Patient Involvement Unit, which aims to advance patient and public involvement in our work and beyond
- Our digital health work programme, which aims to support physicians to have a positive response to new technology and put a professional voice at the front of technical advancements in healthcare
- RCP Quality Improvement, which supports physicians and their teams to continuously improve the quality of patient care
- RCP Patient Safety, which influences national policy and supports organisations and physicians to create safer healthcare systems
Our work programmes aspire to be at the cutting-edge of current practice and to shape the future of healthcare. Your support will enable us to advance our ambitions and ultimately improve patient care. You will be required to work flexibly across these work programmes, with the full support of your line manager and the clinical and patient leads.
The main responsibilities are:
- Coordination of meetings, events, and networks
- Contract management support
- Supporting planning and action plans and keeping work on track
- Coordinating communications via our website, social media, reports, newsletters etc
- Being the first point of contact for your areas of work
Your experience includes:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent time spent in similar or relevant employment
- Administrative/event management qualification or equivalent experience
- Project Management qualification or equivalent organisation and planning experience
- Experience of working in NHS/Public sector/Charity or similar complex organisation, in an administrative/project support capacity
- Experience of organising and administering workshops/meetings
- Experience of communicating effectively with stakeholders and colleagues including social media
Benefits whilst working for the RCP, include:
- 27 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- group personal pension plan with 7% employer contribution
- life assurance
About the RCP
The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) is a patient-centred and clinically led membership organisation for physicians, with over 37,000 members worldwide. It is a registered charity that aims to ensure high quality care for patients by promoting the highest standards of medical practice. It provides and sets standards in clinical practice and education and training, conducts assessments and examinations, quality assures external audit programmes, supports doctors in their practice of medicine, and advises the Government, public and the profession on health care issues.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Laura Burling (Patient Involvement Adviser), Clare Wade (Head of Patient Safety) or Lynda Robinson (Head of RCPQI) at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role please submit your CV and Supporting Statement outlining how your skills and experience match theJob Description and Person Specification .
Closing date: 9 March 2020
Interview date: 19 March 2020
The RCP positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Senior Faculty Administrator, Liverpool John Moores University, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Salary £22,417 - £26,715 per annum Vacancy Type Other Vacancies Working in Liverpool Business School, you will be responsible for the provision of a quality service to the University by contributi...
Senior Lecturer In Physician Associate Studies , Edge Hill University ;, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
About You We seek an enthusiastic and friendly professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a commitment to providing an excellent student experience. You should...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer In Physical Education & School Sport , Edge Hill University ;, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Fixed Term until 31st July 2021 About You At Edge Hill University we value the benefits a rich and diverse workforce brings to our community and therefore welcome applications from all sections o...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Primary Education (Science) , Edge Hill University ;, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Your discipline. Your passion. Our success, together. About You You will have the ability to develop high quality teaching and learning materials, deliver stimulating research-informed teaching se...
Senior Business Analyst , Liverpool John Moores University ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
£41,526 - £51,034 per annum Vacancy Reference: 2975 Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) has long held an important presence in the educational and cultural landscape of one of the most famous ...
Senior Business Analyst, Liverpool John Moores University, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Salary £41,526 - £51,034 per annum Vacancy Type Other Vacancies Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) has long held an important presence in the educational and cultural landscape of one of the ...