The Institute for Environmental Analytics (IEA) has established itself as a major player in the environmental analytics arena. In order to ensure the IEA runs smoothly, we need an enthusiastic Operations Assistant to assist the IEA team with a range of activities including, but not limited to:
Organising staff travel and arranging itineraries, meeting organisation and minute taking, assisting visitors to the IEA with logistical and general information, ordering supplies, assisting with facilities management and the smooth running of the office through effective back-office administration across a variety of University systems.
Candidates should indicate if applying for full time or part time on their applications.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Administrative support for the IEA core team:
- Organising domestic and international staff travel, booking flights and transfers, arranging accommodation, creating itineraries and ensuring all University of Reading travel, insurance and procurement policies are adhered to.
- First point of contact for the IEA team for queries relating to shared drive documents and templates, IT or telephone needs.
- Ad hoc administrative support as required such as data entry or drafting documents etc.
Organising meetings and events:
- Supporting the IEA team with internal face-to-face and virtual meetings, checking diaries and scheduling accordingly.
- Supporting the IEA team with organising large and small scale, face-to-face or virtual meetings with external stakeholders. Booking venues, drawing up agendas, inviting attendees, organising catering and parking, and minute taking as required.
- Assisting visitors to the IEA by email or telephone with logistical information such as sending directions, booking car parking spaces or issuing permits etc.
- Organising supplies or materials needed for meetings and events to run smoothly.
Maintaining office supplies and equipment:
- Assisting the Operations Executive in ensuring the smooth running of the office by maintaining and ordering supplies and equipment as needed such as stationery and consumables.
We are looking for a confident and personable individual with great organisational skills and experience of working in a busy office environment. You will be skilled in the Microsoft Office package and have proven experience of multi-tasking, preferably with a customer service background.
Interview date: 21 April 2020
Informal contact details
Contact role: Operations Executive
Contact phone: 0118 378 6820
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative informal contact details:
Contact role: CEO
Contact name: Colin McKinnon
Contact phone: 0118 378 6820
Contact email: email@example.com
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by UK Visas and Immigration and the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
Postdoctoral Research Assistant , University of Reading, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
We are looking a Post-doctorant researcher to investigate the impact of the Weddell sea polynya on the coupled climate system. This is a 3-year post-doctoral position on climate dynamics in the So...