The European Training Network on DIRNANO offers 1 position for an Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) in Professor Moghimi’s group at the School of Pharmacy, Newcastle University, United Kingdom. This scheme aims to train a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative ESRs. The project is consortium based with a number of partners across Europe. You will be employed at Newcastle University, and will also be enrolled onto a PhD in the Faculty of Medical Sciences. As part of the training programme, you will require to travel and spend secondments at partner laboratories (University of Padua, Italy) and STABVIDA (Lisbon, Portugal).
For further details, please click here
Only candidates complying with the Early Stage Researcher requirements (less than 4 years’ research experience after Undergraduate/Masters graduation) and mobility (less than 12 months spent in the UK within the last three years immediately before appointment) are eligible in order to comply with the funding body requirements.
For further information about the post please see: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/postgraduate/funding/sources/ukeustudents/tc017.html
European Training Network: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/
Prof Moghimi’s research group: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/
The appointment is fixed term for a period of 3 years.
For informal enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Carry out research in design, engineering optimisation and characterisation of drug carriers that overcome complement activation and pro-inflammatory responses in macrophages (Nature Nanotechnology 2017, 12:387; Nature Nanotechnology 2017, 12:589; Nature Nanotechnology 2019, 14:260)
* To detect and quantify resulting immune activities like production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and complement activation products
* To analyse how and to what extent NP are internalised by phagocytic immune cells
* Planning and managing one’s research activity in consultation with PhD supervisors
* You will be required to obtain a PhD whilst in the role
* To attend and contribute towards relevant meetings
* Assess research findings for the need/scope for further investigations
* Contribute to the writing up of their research and its dissemination, either through seminar and conference presentations or through publications
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Good knowledge of innate immunity (particularly of the complement system), immunochemistry and nanomedicine is advantageous
* Prior experience in immunological techniques is advantageous
* Using and developing new research techniques and methods
* Excellent time management and organisational skills
* Demonstrated track record in experimental techniques relevant for the post
* Ability to meet deadlines and produce formal reports
Attributes and Behaviour
* Proactive, problem-solving attitude
* Ability to work well as part of a team and rapidly acquire new skills
* Effective communications skills
* Ability to perform outreach activities
* Interest in innovation & applications of science
* A Master’s level (or equivalent) qualification in a biomedical, immunology, pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences or a closely related subject, but with strong background in innate immunology, will be in the first four years of their research careers and not have a doctoral degree
Welsh Copywriting & Digital Content Officer, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
The ability to write and communicate through the medium of Welsh is essential for this post. The ‘Digital Marketing’ team sits within the Marketing and Student Recruitment (MSR) department at the ...
Business Support Manager, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
The University of South Wales is currently recruiting for a Business Support Manager to join our Academic Registry to play a central role in a dynamic and busy department. The role, will underpin...
Hourly Paid Lecturer In A Level Film Studies , Bridgend College ;, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity to join our passionate and enthusiastic Curriculum team at Bridgend College. As an Hourly Paid Lecturer, you will plan, develop, evaluate and deliver the curriculum...
Lecturer In Digital Arts Animation & Graphic Design , Bridgend College ;, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
We believe that every person has a chance to be the best they can be for themselves and the best they can be for others. Bridgend College offers you a unique opportunity to work within an environm...
Technician Heavy Vehicle , Bridgend College ;, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
You will maintain all systems, tools, equipment, instruments and teaching aids to ensure efficient functioning of Learning programmes. This also involves preparing various motor-vehicles and works...