Lecturer in Magnetic Materials and Applications
Cardiff School of Engineering
The MAGMA (Magnetic Materials and Applications) project at Cardiff School of Engineering has been funded by the Welsh European Funding Office to deliver on the challenges for magnetic materials and their applications presented by the increasing electrification of society. The project will enhance the existing capacity and track-record of a specialist team with new facilities and the appointment of new academic staff dedicated to conducting research relevant to modern soft magnetic materials.
Applicants are invited to apply for the position of Lecturer in Magnetic Materials and Applications within the Cardiff School of Engineering. They should possess expertise and relevant experience in modelling and electromagnetic design, manufacturing of electrical machines or processing of magnetic materials. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver world class research in magnetic materials and applications and contribute to the overall research performance of the School and University, carrying out research leading to the publishing of work in high-quality journals.
This post is full time, available from 1 October 2019 and is fixed term until 31 December 2022.
Salary: £42,036 - £48,677 per annum (Grade 7)
For informal enquiries about the post please contact Dr P Anderson, AndersonPI1@cardiff.ac.uk
For further details about working at Cardiff School of Engineering please contact Gaynor James, Enginadmin@cardiff.ac.uk
Date advert posted: Wednesday, 19 June 2019
Closing date: Saturday, 20 July 2019
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.
To deliver high-quality and research-led teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate level and contribute to the research record of the School through commitment to carrying out research leading to the publishing of work in high-quality journals. To pursue excellence in research, teaching and enterprise and to inspire others to do the same.
- To conduct research within magnetic materials and applications and contribute to the overall internationally recognised research performance of the School and University by the production of measurable outputs including bidding for funding, publishing in leading high-quality peer-reviewed academic journals and high-impact conferences, and the recruitment and supervision of research staff and postgraduate/MSc research students
- To independently develop research objectives, projects or proposals for own or joint research including research funding acting as a PI as required. To develop research networks through regular national/international conference/seminar presentations
- To participate in School research activities.
- To independently contribute to module and curriculum development and lead modules at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, inspiring students
- To carry out other forms of scholarship including work associated with examinations (setting and marking paper and providing constructive feedback to students), administration, participation in committee work, and the pastoral care of students of Cardiff University
- To supervise the work of students including the supervision of Undergraduate and Master’s students, the co-supervision of PGR’s and acting as a PGR progress review panel member as required
- To act as a Personal Tutor and provide pastoral support to students
- To engage effectively with industrial, commercial and public sector organisations, professional institutions, other academic institutions etc., regionally and nationally to raise awareness of the School’s profile, to cultivate strategically valuable alliances, and to pursue opportunities for collaboration across a range of activities. These activities are expected to contribute to the School and the enhancement of its regional and national profile.
- To participate in School administration and activities to promote the School and its work to the wider University and the outside world.
- Any other duties not included above, but consistent with the role.
IMPORTANT: Evidencing Criteria
Candidates should evidence that they meet ALL of the essential criteria as well as, where relevant, the desirable criteria.
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide this evidence via a supporting statement. Please ensure when submitting this document / attaching it to your application profile you name it with the vacancy reference number, in this instance, 8675BR.
Senior Lecturer Or Reader In Data Science/Statistics (Ons), School of Mathematics, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
Application Link: https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=30011&siteid=5460&PageType=searchResults&SearchType=linkquery&LinkID=6#jobDetails=1594225_5460 Senio...
Manager Assessment Research And Design , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Manager Assessment Research and Design An initial 12-month Fixed Term contract, full-time, 37.5 hours per week Salary: £38,500 - £42,000 per annum depending on experience IB Global Centre, Cardiff...
Senior Lecturer Strategy And Entrepreneurship U004229, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
South Wales Business School wishes to appoint a dynamic and forward thinking Senior Lecturer to deliver against its Strategy and Entrepreneurship course portfolio. There are ambitious plans to con...
Sess Programme Manager U009650, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
The University of South Wales is seeking an experienced Programme Manager to join our new Smart Energy Storage Solutions (SESS) team. The project funded by the European Regional Development Fund (...
Learning Developer U011170, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
The Professional Academy is a work-based learning unit based in the Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science at the University of South Wales that offers its own unique online courses along w...
Capse Engineer U010558, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
CAPSE is Wales' only independent research, development, test and certification house undertaking cutting-edge research and knowledge transfer activities within the advanced automotive and power sy...