The Lecturer will provide operational direction and clinical leadership for the pursuit of excellence in the clinical, academic, and research training of candidates for the Master of Science (Speech & Language Pathology) at NUS. The Lecturer will also provide clinical expertise in course curriculum and structure, and will carry out administrative, teaching, examination and research responsibilities as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and upgrades MSc(SLP) curriculum and teaching materials in conjunction with Programme Director and colleagues
- Acts as Examiner when required
- Teach/facilitate Problem-Based Learning sessions in the six key areas (Child/Adult x Speech/Language/Swallowing) in conjunction with part-time PBL Team (PBL training will be provided)
- Teach/organise lectures, laboratory sessions, workshop sessions in child speech, language, and feeding topics; develop teaching resources for in-person and online classes in coordination with colleagues
- Preparation and collation of video materials for PBL and video vivas/workshops
- Organises and participates in in-service training
- Conducts training for external agencies related to MSc(SLP)
- Plans and coordinates clinical attachments to ensure that students receive well-rounded clinical training and develop high standards of professionalism
- Supervises, assesses and provides feedback to students on clinical attachments
- Liaises and supports external clinical supervisors to facilitate standardization of clinical training
- Coordinates, participates, supervises and examines research projects
- Supports the evaluation of teaching and clinical interventions
- Conducts and supports research activities related to the MSc(SLP)
- Seeks out and participates in ongoing professional development opportunities to maintain standards of clinical knowledge and skills
- Participates in NUS and external workgroups relevant to the scope of work
- Works collaboratively with the Programme Director and SLP Team in administration matters relating to the scope of work
- Attends departmental, divisional, and other meetings and functions whenever required
- Contribute to the screening and interviewing of intake candidates for the MSc(SLP)
- Acts as student counsellor/advisor as required
Education & Experience
- Must hold a recognized degree in Speech and Language Pathology with minimum 5 years’ clinical work experience in Child speech, language, and/or feeding management.
- Must hold PhD and have published research relevant to Speech and Language Pathology in high quality journals. Candidates holding a masters degree who are keen to pursue a PhD in NUS concurrently may also apply.
- Professional Membership/Registration
- Must have attained Full Registration with the Allied Health Professions Council; overseas applicants must be eligible to apply for Conditional Registration towards attaining Full Registration.
- Excellent team-player, critical and innovative thinker, and caring and reflective clinician who will support the holistic development of trainees for the SLP profession.
Senior Lecturer In Speech Language Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 2 days ago
- with focus on education and research Do you want to contribute to better health for all? At the department for Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, CLINTEC, patient-oriented education,...
Office Assistant B/Work Study, McGill University, Canada, 1 day ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Faculty Opening, Health And Social Sciences, SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT), Singapore, 19 days ago
18 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT) Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stag...
Senior Research Engineer Generative Ai, Cerence, Italy, 10 days ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Cerence Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Italy Application Deadline 28 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (UTC) ...
Speech Therapist Prn, University of Arkansas, United States, about 2 hours ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Lecturer (Anatomy), Australian Catholic University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Campus Location: North Sydney, Australia Job No: APTAV102103#041 Provide specialist anatomy expertise and excellence in the teaching of physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology pro...