This full time, permanent position is available with start date negotiable during the period up until 1st September 2023.
You will have a creative and ambitious research agenda and will also contribute to teaching in public policy across our programmes in Politics, International Relations, International Development, Global Governance, and Public Policy. The post will contribute to extending the research and impact profile of the Department and the Public Policy cluster at the University of Exeter. The regional and sector specialisations are open. A specialisation in advanced methods is expected and applications with quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed methods research are welcome.
The Public Policy and Governance Group has one of the largest and most research active concentrations of public policy and administration scholars in the UK. (Public Policy Research | Public Policy and Governance Group (PPGG) | University of Exeter ). We specialise in areas such as behavioural policy and experimental methods, deliberative policymaking and citizen governance, the interface between politics and policymaking, environmental policy, European governance, gender and public policy, international development, implementation, health policy, regulatory governance, the organisation of public services, the regulation of the digital economy, global governance and global public policy. Members of PPGG are active in the learned societies and specialist groups, and serve as lead editors and editorial board members of leading journals in the discipline and in the field. We run four PGT programmes (MPA, MSc Public Policy, MSc Global Governance, and MA in International Development) and are home to an active and growing group of PhD researchers and postdoctoral research fellows. We are engaged in research projects funded by major funding bodies such as Horizon Europe, the European Commission, ESRC, Horizon and NERC and many engage in impact focused work.
You will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, Political Economy, or a closely related discipline and have an independent, internationally-recognised research programme in Public Policy and/or Public Administration with advanced research methods skills
- A strong ability in advanced research methods
- A strong record in attracting funding for research, or demonstrate potential to attract such funding
- An active approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research
- Enthusiasm for delivering high quality undergraduate programmes
- Strong connections and funded projects with business and community partners
- Involvement in projects which develop impact
For Senior Lecturer, you will also have:
- A strong potential for research leadership
- A track record in refereed publications and success in significant grant capture
- Relationships with external organisations and funders/ and knowledge and experience of key sectors or business challenges
Please ensure you read the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role.
What we can offer you
- Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines to produce internationally exciting research
- Support teams that understand the University wide research and teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development
- Our Exeter Academic initiative supporting high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career
- A multitude of staff benefits including sector leading benefits around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- A beautiful campus set in stunning Devon
Please contact Professor Isabelle Engeli email@example.com .
Associate Professor In Electrical Energy Systems (E&R), University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Faculty of Environment, Science and Economy – Engineering This full-time permanent post is available immediately. The role We are seeking to appoint an Associate Professor with a particular intere...
Lecturer (Communities Of Practice Facilitator) (E&S), University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences We have several part-time roles available in Exeter and Truro available from September on a permanent basis. About the role You will provide Communities of Prac...
Digital Skills Lead, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Permanent, Full time, 36.5 hours per week Hybrid working – This is a hybrid role that offers flexible working between home and our Streatham Campus. Available for an ASAP start! Whilst the closing...
Impact Evidence And Evaluation Officer, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Research Services This full-time post is available immediately on a fixed-term basis for three years. Three posts are available within Research Services, each facing one of our three faculties: th...
Aquarium Technician, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Technical Services This full-time permanent position is available immediately. Summary of the role The Biological Research Facilities (Aquatics) wishes to recruit a full time Aquatic Husbandry Tec...
Research Finance Administrator, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Research Services This 0.6 FTE permanent post is available immediately. Summary of the role/position The Research Services Directorate is a key enabler to the delivery of the University's Research...