We are seeking to appoint a new Lecturer or Senior Lecturer (Education & Scholarship) on a permanent basis to join a thriving, dynamic and international Law School from January 2023.
You will play a leading role in the delivery of our undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. Teaching responsibilities will usually include teaching on one of our core modules.
For Lecturer, you will:
- Possess sufficient breadth or depth of specialist and core knowledge in the discipline, demonstrated by a PhD (or nearing completion) or equivalent in Law to develop teaching programmes, and teach and support learning
- Use a range of delivery techniques to enthuse and engage students
- Participate in and develop external networks, for example, to contribute to student recruitment, secure student placements, facilitate outreach work, generate income, obtain consultancy projects, or build relationships for future activities
- Will have evidence of excellent teaching identified by peer review and have made an impact at discipline programme level beyond their own teaching
- Be expected to work towards Fellow of the HEA status and to attend formal CPD relating to this
For Senior Lecturer, you will:
- Possess a depth or breadth of specialist knowledge demonstrated by a PhD in Law or equivalent, of the core knowledge relating to Law in order to teach and support learning on Law School modules
- Have a consistent track record of excellent teaching across a variety of modules and levels within your discipline as might be expected of a very experienced HE Teacher
- Contribute to the design, development and delivery a range of modules or programmes at various levels; applying innovative and appropriate teaching techniques; identifying sources of funding and securing funds for own scholarly activities and providing academic leadership to those working within programme areas
- Be expected to work towards Principal Fellow of the HEA and to attend formal CPD relating to this
Please ensure you read the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role.
What we can offer you:
- Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines
- Support teams that understand the University wide teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development
- Our Exeter Academic initiative supports high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career
- A multitude of staff benefits including sector leading benefits around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), Paternity leave (up to 6 weeks full pay), and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- A beautiful campus set in stunning Devon
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 and QS World University Ranking 2022). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Read about our world leading research – Green Futures and how we are transforming education for a changing world. We are located in a beautiful part of the country and Exeter (a fast growing tech hub) is one of only a few UK cities to have been designated as a UNESCO Creative City
Please contact Professor Sue Prince, email@example.com or (01392) 723382.
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Management Department (E&S), University of Exeter, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
Faculty of Environment, Science & Economy The University of Exeter Business School seeks to appoint to several permanent posts to join our team of exceptional educators whose teaching impacts on t...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Sports Management, Leadership And Strategy (E&S), University of Exeter, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
Faculty of Environment, Science & Economy This new full-time post is available immediately on a permanent basis. Summary of the role We are seeking to appoint a new Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Spo...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Psychology (E&S), University of Exeter, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
Faculty of Health & Life Sciences This full-time role is available immediately on a permanent basis. Summary of the role The Department of Psychology at the University of Exeter seeks to appoint o...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer In Finance & Accounting (E&S), University of Exeter, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
Faculty of Environment, Science & Economy This full-time role is available immediately on a permanent basis. We welcome applications from candidates interested in working part-time hours or job-sh...
Lecturer Pwp Taught Programmes, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Lecturer (Education and Scholarship) INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Psychology The Faculty wishes to recruit a Lecturer (Education and Scholarship) to contribute to ...
Lecturer In Software Engineering And Business It (E&S), University of Exeter, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
Faculty of Environment, Science and Economy The above full-time, permanent post is available immediately in the Computer Science department. The role The post of Lecturer will be to support the de...