- Job title
- Lecturer in Tourism and Airline Management - FT, Perm
- Job reference
- Date posted
- Application closing date
- £39,609 - £48,677 per annum (Grade 6)
- Excellent benefits package
- Job description
Build your academic career in the Tourism subject area with Edinburgh Napier University
We are looking to appoint a Lecturer in Tourism and Airline Management on our Learning and Teaching pathway. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate significant contribution to improving student learning through the development and application of pedagogic initiatives and demonstrate national standing (for example through awards or prizes, membership of editorial boards, external examining and conference attendance and organising) in the area of Tourism education and be able to demonstrate some experience of Airline education. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a sustained record of quality outputs that might include journal articles or conference papers and provide evidence of applying for external funds. The candidate will join the highly successful Tourism subject area and contribute to our popular BA (Hons) International Tourism and Airline Management programme in the Business School, which is currently the largest in Scotland and in the Top 10 in the UK (The Guardian, 2017). This will include designing, developing and delivering new and innovative approaches to teaching and supervision that results in outstanding student feedback.
About the school
The Business School is one of the largest modern Business Schools in Scotland and at the leading edge of innovation, with a strong academic reputation in undergraduate, postgraduate, executive education, and business research. It has an established track record of a high level of engagement and collaborative working with business and professional networks.
The Business School is focussed on developing employable (and self-employable) graduates who will drive economic growth both at home and abroad. We have strong and developing links with business through research-led teaching, practice based classroom activities, student placements, business support, research and consultancy.
To learn more about our Business School, watch this short video .
You will join the Tourism and Languages Subject Group in the School. This ambitious, growing team consists of academics on Enterprise, Learning and Teaching, and Research pathways who make significant contributions across all strands of endeavour. Your contribution on the Learning and Teaching pathway will be in the area of Tourism and Airline Management. Your experience might be drawn from the wider Tourism and/or Airline industry. You will have the opportunity to influence the direction of the BA (Hons) Tourism and Airline Management and become involved in both module and programme leadership.
You will be responsible for developing, designing and delivering teaching and student centred learning underpinned by academic scholarship and professional practice, within your assigned areas of responsibility.
You will also be required to conduct individual and collaborative research projects, contributing to the research profile within your School, leading to the production of high quality research outputs/outcomes.
You will contribute to the University's objective of growing our academic reputation for research-informed student learning based on industry awareness.
You must be ambitious and enthusiastic about cross-disciplinary working and be committed to working collaboratively across the University. You will be required to work independently and as part of a team, supporting others. You will have excellent communication skills and effective interpersonal skills with the ability to listen, engage and inspire others.
Who we are looking for
In addition to the role profile the following criteria are essential:
- A doctoral level qualification in the relevant discipline
- Professional qualifications relevant to discipline
- Evidence of a professional academic and research profile alongside a commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development
- Sufficient breadth and depth of experience in specialism to develop high quality teaching/learning and research programmes and have experience of research led teaching and/or training
- Demonstrable evidence of a teaching specialisation
Please click here to view the role profile/description.
Benefits we offer
Salary: GBP 38,833 - GBP 47,722 per annum (Grade 6)
Further Information about our benefits can be found here
- Closing Date: Tuesday 2 July 2019 (Midnight BST)
- Interviews: Wednesday 31 July 2019
- For informal discussions please contact Paul Barron - firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are unable to sponsor any candidate for this role
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here .
Lecturer In Tourism And Airline Management, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Application closing date 02/07/2019 Salary £39,609 - £48,677 per annum (Grade 6) Package Excellent benefits package Job description Build your academic career in the Tourism subject area with Edin...
Lecturer In Marketing, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
1. Job Details Job title : Lecturer in Marketing School/Support Department : Business School Line manager : Head of Marketing Group 2. Job Description The University of E...
Lecturer In Learning And Teaching Enhancement, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Application closing date 30/06/2019 Salary £39,609 - £48,677 per annum (Grade 6) Package Excellent benefits package Job description Department of Learning and Teaching Enhancement We are seeking t...
Ecci Innovation Project Manager, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
1. Job Details Job Title: Innovation Project Manager, ECCI Line Manager: Head of Innovation and Skills, ECCI School: Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation, School of GeoSciences Gr...
Widening Participation Officer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Application closing date 26/06/2019 Salary 26,243 - GBP 31,302 per annum (Grade 4) Package Plus excellent benefits Job description Further your career with Edinburgh Napier University We are curre...
Lecturer In European Union Law, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
1. Job Details Job title: Lecturer in European Union Law School/Support Department: Law Unit (if applicable): European Union Law Line manager: Head of School 2. Job Purpose The postholder will pro...