Overall purpose of post:
We are looking for an individual with the knowledge and experience to deliver across our sport and exercise science modules at UG and PG level, including sport & exercise nutrition and support the Sport & Coaching Sciences management group with lower level managerial tasks. This includes both practical and theoretical elements in sport and possibly, contribute to the teaching of other exercise and health related areas at undergraduate and postgraduate level, including additional vocational qualifications. Also, to lead modules and the ability to supervise student projects and dissertations. This post is intended with the potential to develop into a managerial position – especially as an Associate College Partnership Liaison Manager longer term. Thus, having experience working in FE is essential.
You should have:
- MSc in Sport & Exercise Science and/or Sport & Exercise Nutrition as a minimal requirement.
- Recent teaching experience at undergraduate level.
- Managing either FE and/or HE programmes.
- Recent experience of teaching a variety of subjects within the area of sport and exercise science at university level and leading modules – particularly sport nutrition, physiology and lab techniques.
- Additional vocational qualifications are also essential (e.g. sports massage, fitness).
- Evidence of scholarly activity and consultancy work is desirable.
You will be:
- Teaching students using appropriate instruction methods such as lectures and online lectures, tutorials, seminars, e-learning and other formal pedagogic work.
- Supporting the PL and subject coordinators with managerial tasks and functioning as a central communication and operations point for the Sport & Coaching Sciences team.
- Leading additional vocational qualification training such as sport massage for our students.
- Working towards undertaking quality research.
- Professional publishing and scholarly activity as directed by the Programme Lead.
- Participating in the administrative processes of the Faculty, including committee membership, quality assurance, recruitment, selection and admission of students.
- Undertaking curriculum development work including identification of student requirements, planning, development and evaluation of courses.
Start Date: 1 January 2022 or as soon as possible
For an informal conversation in relation to the above post, please contact Dr Peter Wright, Programme Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You’ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes .
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
Senior Lecturer In Sport Coaching And Pedagogy, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
This is a full time, permanent academic appointment, within the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences. Overall purpose of post: To undertake academic related responsibilities in the delivery of high...
Apprenticeships And College Partnerships Coordinator, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
This is a full time, 37 hours per week, post fixed term until end October 2022. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic individual, with good relationship management skil...
Lifeguard, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join our growing sports staff team at Oxford Brookes University as a Lifeguard. Oxford Brookes Sport Full Time Lifeguards (Recreation ...
Groundsperson / Gardener, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Oxford Brookes University is looking to recruit an experienced, reliable and highly motivated Grounds Person as a member of the Estates team to maintain all areas of University's grounds, amenitie...
Programme Lead In Adult Nursing, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our nursing leadership team in the Oxford School of Nursing and Midwifery. This permanent appointment is to lead, primarily, the pre-...
Applicant And Enquiry Adviser, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Oxford Brookes is a leading modern institution with big ambitions. We are seeking to increase our global footprint, broaden access to an Oxford Brookes education, and further enhance our reputatio...