Full Time, Permanent - Academic
The department of Sport, Health Sciences and Social work is looking to appoint a lecturer in Sport and Exercise Science, with a specific background in strength and conditioning. We would especially welcome applications from individuals with a biomechanics and/or performance analysis background, for this permanent position.
The successful candidate for this appointment must hold appropriate qualifications in sport and exercise science at undergraduate (i.e. a good honours degree) and postgraduate levels (i.e. MSc). Additionally, candidates must have extensive experience of working in professional strength and conditioning settings. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong track record of teaching and assessment at undergraduate level, and will ideally have a publication profile commensurate with this level.
- Significant recent experience of working in a strength and conditioning context
- Recent experience of leading modules and contributing to overall learning, teaching and assessment in higher education at degree level
- MSc and BSc (2:1 or 1st class award) academic qualifications in sport and exercise science or closely related area (e.g. strength and conditioning)
- Experience of supervising and assessing student projects in higher education setting
- Internationally recognised Strength and conditioning accreditation (e.g. UKSCA, NSCA etc.)
- Experience of (or potential to contribute to) teaching sport and exercise biomechanics
- Experience of (or potential to contribute to) teaching performance analysis
- Relevant teaching qualification for higher education
- PhD in a relevant subject area (or near completion)
- Experience of supervising and assessing student projects at postgraduate level bring this in line with job description
- Membership of BASES
- Evidence of publications or suitable academic scholarship (e.g. publication in peer reviewed journals, presentation at academic conferences etc.
- Experience of working with national governing or accrediting bodies (e.g. membership of a special interest group, advising bodies on policy etc.)
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
Interviews are expected to take place on 24th July 2020.
Head Of Quality Assurance And Validations, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced academic colleague to join the team at Oxford Brookes Business School to lead on assurance of learning and quality enhancement. We are seeking appli...
Associate Dean For Education And Student Experience, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and forward looking Associate Dean for Education and Student Experience in Oxford Brookes Business School. You will lead this portfolio for the School, worki...
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer In Marketing, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
We are looking for inspirational and talented colleagues to join the team at Oxford Brookes Business School. If you have the ambition, ability and energy to make a difference through your teaching...
Research Contracts Specialist (Maternity Cover 2 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
We are looking to appoint two enthusiastic and motivated Research Contracts Specialists to work in Research Services, normally based within the Joint Research Office, Boundary Brook House, Heading...
Higher Education Liaison Officer, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
We are seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to work closely with secondary schools and FE colleges across Swindon, designing and delivering aspirational activities for groups of yo...
Programme Support Adviser, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
This is a part-time (30 hours per week), fixed term appointment for one year. We are looking for a Programme Support Adviser to join our team within the Registry at Oxford Brookes University. This...