Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering (Education and Scholarship)
The starting salary will be from £35,845 up to £46,718 on Grade F, depending on qualifications and experience.
Generous holiday allowances, flexible working, pension scheme and relocation package (if applicable).
College of Engineering Mathematics and Physical Sciences (CEMPS)
The above full time permanent post is available immediately.
CEMPS is one of six Colleges/Schools within the University of Exeter and is comprised of 8 disciplines, one of which is Engineering. As a Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering you will be part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of academics responsible for challenging and inspiring tomorrow's engineers. You will also be part of a forward-looking team of academics seeking to drive innovation in engineering education.
You will support the delivery of education including thermofluid engineering, structural analysis and mathematical modelling of engineering systems. The role will also involve the supervision and support of student projects. The post will include the delivery of lectures and tutorials, setting and marking of coursework/examinations, production of high quality teaching materials and contributing towards the discipline's end of year assessment activities.
- Possess sufficient breadth or depth of specialist and core knowledge in the discipline, demonstrated by a PhD (obtained or nearing completion) or equivalent in mechanical engineering to develop teaching materials, and teach and support learning
- Use a range of delivery techniques to enthuse and engage students
- Be familiar with problem and project based learning pedagogy
- Participate in and develop external networks, for example, to contribute to student recruitment, secure student placements, facilitate outreach work, generate income, obtain consultancy projects, or build relationships for future activities
- Will have evidence of excellent teaching identified by peer review and have made an impact at discipline programme level beyond their own teaching
- Be expected to work towards Fellow of the HEA status and to attend formal CPD relating to this
What we can offer you:
- Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines
- Support teams that understand the University wide teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development
- Our Exeter Academic initiative supports high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career
- Sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Stunning campus environments in Exeter and Cornwall, in the beautiful South West of England
Please ensure you read our Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role.
The University of Exeter
With over 22,000 students and 5,500 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment in which to work. We are an equal opportunity employer, a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our research income in recent years means we're fastest growing UK Research University and we seek to answer some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today through this. 98% of our research is international quality (2014 Research Excellence Framework) and we encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students. Exeter is one of only a few UK cities to have been designated as a UNESCO Creative City .
Please contact Dr Sean Carroll (email@example.com ; (01392) 725223) or Professor David Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org ; (01392) 724064).
Senior Procurement Officer Sustainability , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
This new full-time post is available immediately on a fixed-term basis for 12 months initially. Summary of the role/position Reporting to Procurement Services’ Environment and Climate Emergency (E...
Lecturer In Computer Science , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
The University of Exeter is a Russell Group university in the top 200 of universities worldwide. We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, and have achieved a Gold rating in the T...
Lecturer In Degree Apprenticeships (Finance) , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Education and Scholarship Fixed term, 2 years, full time We are recruiting a new Lecturer to support with the deliver our Degree Apprenticeship provision within the Business School. Degree Appren...
Gbp 5062 Peer Support Officer , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
A Peer Support Officer is required by the University of Exeter. Based in Teaching, Quality, Assurance and Enhancement the role will support Peer Programmes with a particular focus on Widening Part...
Lecturer (E&R) In Law , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
This full time post is available from September 2020 until the 30th of June 2021 on a fixed term basis in the College of Social Sciences and International Studies. The Law School has a worldwide ...
Lecturer In Computer Science And Project Enhance Convenor (E&S) , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
The above full-time post is available immediately on a fixed-term basis for one year. The role You will have responsibility for the design, development and production of teaching and learning mate...