You will support Digital Services colleagues in the creation of high-quality, professional, innovative digital resources and learning content for distribution on platforms including the University’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). This will include creating e-learning packages, interactive learning resources and digital assessment activities as directed, using rapid authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate or equivalent.
Supporting the Digital Learning Technologist, the Senior Learning Designer and the creative design team, you will build bespoke digital learning resources for the design and delivery of online and blended learning courses.
You will work remotely whilst the current COVID-19 situation necessitates working from home, but your primary location will be Swansea.
Main duties will include:
- Supporting Digital Services colleagues to convert academic content into high-quality digital resources using e-learning authoring tools and ensuring the quality of the digital resources by undertaking technical review and testing of own resources prior to sign off.
- Ensuring all learning content developed adheres to the editorial style, design, quality specifications and pedagogical guidelines that have been defined, and complies with relevant University and digital learning policies, such as those defining accessibility, copyright and Intellectual Property standards.
- Supporting Digital Services colleagues and working within defined development plans and schedules for assigned tasks, to ensure that key milestones are met during projects and identifying, resolving or escalating issues as appropriate.
- Maintaining a high level of continuing professional development to update own awareness of best practices and technologies for similar provision with benchmark institutions / external bodies.
Please view the Job Description for further details, where you will also find a list of the essential and desirable ‘Person Specification’ criteria.
- REQUIREMENTS -
You will need to have:
- Demonstrable experience of developing creative and engaging digital materials, ideally in an educational context
- Knowledge of e-learning development processes
- Ability to systematically review and test online learning materials, apply an eye for detail to identify and investigate content and technical issues, and to resolve or escalate as appropriate
- Ability to demonstrate effective organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, as part of a team and in partnership with others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- FURTHER INFORMATION -
- Annual leave entitlement is 28 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- Please note that immigration sponsorship under the UK Government’s Skilled Worker visa route is not available for this role
- For informal queries, please contact Lyndon Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOW TO APPLY -
Please click the ‘Apply’ button to start your application. Each page of your application will be saved when you click ‘Next’ or ‘Previous’.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
Note: Your correspondence language will be determined by the language you apply in.
Closing date:21st March 2021, 11:59 pm
Proposed interview date: w/c 12th April 2021
Professor In Pedagogy, University of Stavanger, Norway, 25 days ago
Job description The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a position as Professor in Pedagogy at the Faculty of Arts and Education, Department of Early Childhood Education. The position i...
Professor In Pedagogy, University of Stavanger, Norway, 9 days ago
The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a position as Professor in Pedagogy at the Faculty of Arts and Education, Department of Early Childhood Education. The position is open for appoi...
Associate Professor In Risk Management And Societal Safety, University of Stavanger, Norway, about 7 hours ago
The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a position as Associate Professor in Risk Management and Societal Safety at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Safety, Economic...
Marketing Manager Mba Programmes (Maternity Cover), Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
Copenhagen Business Schools offers three distinguished and internationally recognised MBA programmes: The Executive MBA, the Executive MBA in Shipping and Logistics and the Full-time MBA. It will ...
Website Designer/Development, Brown University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Description: Website Designer/ Developer The Website Designer/ Developer will focus primarily on user experience and user interface (UX/ UI)design and front-end development to further advance ...
Director, Communications, Carleton University, Canada, about 21 hours ago
Open Competition: This position will be posted until May 30, 2021, however applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis in preparation for interviews in early June 2021. The ideal start date is...