DepartmentPeter Lukavsky Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology
Deadline 31 Dec 2019
Start date negotiable
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens a position LABORATORY technician
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission. (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/ )
A position for a laboratory technician is available in the research group “RNA-based Regulation of Gene Expression” which is part of Structural Biology program at CEITEC, Masaryk University (MU). We study disease-related biological processes by investigating protein structures and their interactions with other proteins, RNA or small molecule inhibitors using biomolecular NMR and related biophysical methods.
- Expression and purification of proteins
- Transcription and purification of RNAs
- Preparation of various media and buffers
- PCR and cloning of RNA and protein constructs
- Preparation of isotope-labelled nucleotides
- Binding studies using ITC, fluorescence anisotropy, EMSA, and other biophysical techniques including data analysis
- Performance of NMR experiments to study small molecule interactions with proteins and RNA
- Implementing new techniques and projects
- Help incoming co-workers into a smooth start in the lab
- At least Master degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or other related fields of life-sciences
- Good knowledge of English (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High motivation, flexibility and self-driven interest to learn new things
- Reliability, team player, meticulousness
- Knowledge of "laboratory chemistry" - preparation of solutions with defined concentrations, adjusting pH, preparation of media for bacterial cultures etc.
- Computer literacy, MS word, Excel.
- Excellent experience with molecular biology, protein and RNA purification, biochemistry and NMR spectroscopy is a big plus
- Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersect orality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support in learning and development
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
- 6 weeks of paid holiday
Anticipated start date: Upon agreement
Please send CV and a short motivational letter including: a) description of previous experiences b) technical skills and c) at least two contact references to Peter Lukavsky (firstname.lastname@example.org ) till December 31st 2019. Candidates considered for the second round of interview will be informed via email.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
For further information about:
Bioinformatician, CEITEC, Czech, 4 days ago
Academic Researcher In The Field Of Protein Engineering , Masaryk University, Czech, 18 days ago
Dean of Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is opening academic positions of ACADEMIC RESEARCHER IN THE FIELD OF PROTEIN ENGINEERING Workplace: RECETOX, Brno, Czech Republic Number of positions...
Lab Technician – Molecular Biology And Protein Expression/Purification, VIB, Belgium, about 2 hours ago
Description The Laboratory of proteolytic mechanisms mediating neurodegeneration is part of the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research and investigates the molecular mechanisms underlyi...
We Are Looking For A Laboratory Technician On A Temporary Position, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
The Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics (MBB) is a nationally leading academic research center of high international standard, where science comes first and foremost. MBB has a dynam...
Ph.D. Position In Chemistry, School Of Engineering And Natural Sciences, University Of Iceland, University of Iceland, Iceland, 11 days ago
A Ph.D. position in Chemistry at the University of Iceland is open for applications. The scholarship is funded by a three-year PhD scholarship from the Research Fund of the University of Iceland. ...
Lab Manager In The Intracellular Compartmentation Lab, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 3 hours ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...