The Cellular Genetics Programme is looking for a experienced laboratory managers to support the research activities of multiple research groups; being the primary contact for newly recruited faculty members. The Programme is focused on cell-atlasing and aims to map tissues by combining single cell transcriptomics, spatial genomics and computational methodologies to build full-transcriptome three dimensional (3D) models of cells in their tissue context, with the long-term ambition of building a 3D whole-body atlas at single cell resolution.
You would be involved in supporting the day-to-day running of the laboratories, to establish safe and productive working environment; working together with all members of the Cellular Genetics Wet Lab Support Team.
Duties would include:
- procurement and monitoring of consumables and reagents,
- acquisition and maintenance of laboratory equipment,
- ensuring all work carried out is compliant with the Institute’s health and safety regulations and research policies,
- tracking and assisting in the management and delivery of the Programme’s diverse project portfolio.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and adaptable individual to gain exposure to novel technologies and support the cutting edge science being delivered within the Cellular Genetics Programme.
- Educated to PhD level in biological sciences or equivalent work experience
- In depth knowledge and experience of practical laboratory work
- Significant practical experience of core molecular biology techniques, including sample handling, PCR, RNA/DNA purification, library preparation and similar
- Practical experience of working with MS Office
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety regulations
- Experience of working with human tissue samples/the Human Tissue Act
Competencies and Behaviours
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Ability to work without extensive supervision
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
Part time hours:
We welcome applications for this position that are looking for part time hours (minimum 22.5 hours) and equal consideration will be given to individuals regardless of their working preferences.
Please apply with your CV and a Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role addressing the criteria set out above and in the job description.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the role may close early if a successful appointment is made.
Staff Scientist Glioblastoma Spatial Multi Omics , Wellcome Sanger Institute ;, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
The opportunity: The Bayraktar group is seeking a staff scientist to explore how the tumour microenvironment (TME) drives malignant cell states in glioblastoma (GBM) using large-scale spatial mul...
Staff Scientist In Gbm Spatial Multi Omics, Wellcome Sanger Institute, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
The opportunity: The Bayraktar group is seeking a staff scientist to explore how the tumour microenvironment (TME) drives malignant cell states in glioblastoma (GBM) using large-scale spatial mult...
Programme Leader Track Cell Biology Dr Manu Hegde Lmb 1674 , Medical Research Council, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
View Vacancy -- Programme Leader Track - Cell Biology - Dr Manu Hegde - LMB 1674 Open Date 23/09/2021, 09:00 Close Date 03/12/2021, 23:55 Research Institute MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology R...
Research Laboratory Technician , University of Cambridge ;, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Two laboratory technician positions have become available to aid the running of the busy, expanding shared laboratory resource in the Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre Cell Phenotyping Hub, bas...
Senior Systems Administrator (Fixed Term) , University of Cambridge ;, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
The Wellcome - MRC Cambridge Stem Cell Institute (CSCI) is a world-leading centre for stem cell research with the mission to transform human health through a deep understanding of stem cell biolog...
Finance Coordinator , University of Cambridge ;, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Applications are invited for a Finance Co-Ordinator to work in the joint administration team supporting the Department of Haematology and the Cambridge Stem Cell Institute (CSCI). The Department o...