The Cellular Genetics Programme is looking for a experienced laboratory managers to support the research activities of multiple research groups; being the primary contact for newly recruited faculty members. The Programme is focused on cell-atlasing and aims to map tissues by combining single cell transcriptomics, spatial genomics and computational methodologies to build full-transcriptome three dimensional (3D) models of cells in their tissue context, with the long-term ambition of building a 3D whole-body atlas at single cell resolution.
You would be involved in supporting the day-to-day running of the laboratories, to establish safe and productive working environment; working together with all members of the Cellular Genetics Wet Lab Support Team.
Duties would include:
- procurement and monitoring of consumables and reagents,
- acquisition and maintenance of laboratory equipment,
- ensuring all work carried out is compliant with the Institute’s health and safety regulations and research policies,
- tracking and assisting in the management and delivery of the Programme’s diverse project portfolio.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and adaptable individual to gain exposure to novel technologies and support the cutting edge science being delivered within the Cellular Genetics Programme.
- Educated to PhD level in biological sciences or equivalent work experience
- In depth knowledge and experience of practical laboratory work
- Significant practical experience of core molecular biology techniques, including sample handling, PCR, RNA/DNA purification, library preparation and similar
- Practical experience of working with MS Office
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety regulations
- Experience of working with human tissue samples/the Human Tissue Act
Competencies and Behaviours
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Ability to work without extensive supervision
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
Part time hours:
We welcome applications for this position that are looking for part time hours (minimum 22.5 hours) and equal consideration will be given to individuals regardless of their working preferences.
Please apply with your CV and a Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role addressing the criteria set out above and in the job description.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the role may close early if a successful appointment is made.
Research Grants Administrator (Fixed Term) , University of Cambridge ;, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Applications are invited for a Research Grants Administrator to work in the joint administration team supporting the Cambridge Stem Cell Institute (CSCI) and the Department of Haematology. The Ins...
Director Of Bone Mineral Research And Imaging (Part Time, Fixed Term) , University of Cambridge ;, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 2 years in the first instance. Applications are invited for this position which is required on a 20% FTE basis, available from 1 February 2022...
Project Manager , Wellcome Sanger Institute ;, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Contract Length: 3 years The Opportunity: The Human Genetics Programme is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Project Manager to support our scientific and operational projects across the Program...
Assistant Divisional Administrator Structural Studies Divisional Office Lmb 1750 , Medical Research Council, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
View Vacancy -- Assistant Divisional Administrator - Structural Studies - Divisional Office - LMB 1750 Open Date 12/01/2022, 11:30 Close Date 13/02/2022, 23:55 Research Institute MRC Laboratory ...
Equality, Diversity And Inclusion Project Manager Operations Group Human Resources Lmb 1746 , Medical Research Council, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
View Vacancy -- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Project Manager - Operations Group - Human Resources - LMB 1746 Open Date 17/12/2021, 14:00 Close Date 31/01/2022, 23:55 Research Institute MRC ...
Investigator Scientist Pnac Dr John Sutherland Lmb 1756 , Medical Research Council, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
View Vacancy -- Investigator Scientist - PNAC - Dr John Sutherland - LMB 1756 Open Date 14/01/2022, 15:30 Close Date 30/01/2022, 23:55 Research Institute MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology Rese...