The American University of the Middle East (AUM) is a private university established in 2005 in Kuwait. AUM’s mission is to provide an interactive learning environment that facilitates the development of leaders who are committed to their culture, global ethical values, and professionalism.
Within the last ten years, AUM became a landmark in the private higher education sector in Kuwait and the region through its curricula, its integrated and green campus, and a culture which embraces diversity and innovation. The University is ranked as the Top University in Kuwait and 18th in the region in Times Higher Education(THE) Arab University Rankings 2022.
The College of Engineering and Technology (CoET) at AUM is dedicated to maintaining high quality academic programs by adopting a learner centered approach. CoET aspires to prepare students for life-long learning and careers in engineering for engineering students, and in technology for technology students; with emphasis on leadership skills and creative work so they can lead cultural, social, and economic development.
The Department of Chemical Engineering, which is an academic unit within the CoET, offers a unique ABET-accredited undergraduate program in Chemical Engineering. It is currently recruiting full-time faculty members as Laboratory Instructors to start from Fall Semester 2023.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Chemical Engineering, or a closely related field from an internationally accredited university.
- Ability to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary, and fast-paced environment.
- Having demonstrable skills in oral and written English, the language of instruction and communication on campus.
- Excellent publication records are a plus.
- Experience in academic or industry is a plus.
In addition to the above requirements, successful applicants should demonstrate teaching experience and research interest in at least one of the following topics:
- Process modeling and Simulation Renewable Energy Catalysis Environment Water treatment Separation Nanotechnology application Any other related chemical engineering research area
Faculty members are engaged in teaching, services, research and professional development tasks.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Prepare labs manuals and syllabi.
- Prepare experiments and test them.
- Deliver laboratory sessions, including pre-laboratory presentations.
- Supervise and assist students in all aspects related to the labs and the related courses.
- Assess students’ performance using the assessment tools as described in the Labs’ syllabi (quizzes, presentations, lab reports, exams, etc.).
- Strive to increase teaching effectiveness through the application of appropriate teaching and learning strategies.
- Keep record of students’ attendance.
- Prepare laboratory course portfolios for the labs by the end of each semester.
- Document information by maintaining logs and equipment record books.
- Place orders for the necessary equipment and specimens.
- Ensure compliance with the university’s safety regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in labs.
- Assist in proctoring exams.
- Support faculty within the same specialized area in research.
- Contribute to the advancement of the professional development activities.
- Support the college and departmental wide activities and services with a spirit of leadership, commitment, accountability, and collegiality.
- Undertake any other duties as may be directed by the Head of Department.
How to Apply?
Applicants are invited to apply by sending the following documents to email@example.com :
Equal Opportunity Employer
AUM is an equal opportunity employer. It offers internationally competitive salaries, remuneration packages, research incentives, and professional development opportunities.
With faculty members and staff coming from more than 60 countries, AUM is a diverse and inclusive environment. AUM campus houses cutting-edge facilities that faculty and staff can benefit from such as Sports Center, Library, Research and Innovation Center, Cultural Center, and more than 55 laboratories.
Explore AUM Campus
AUM is located at Al-Eqaila, an urban area of Al-Ahmadi Governorate in Kuwait. Al-Eqaila is a quiet area that has a distinctive location close to the sea and is 30 km away from the Capital, Kuwait City. Al-Eqaila also has green spaces and features a wide variety of shopping centers, restaurants, cafes, and recreational spots.
Kuwait has a beautiful coastline, remarkable architecture, and an abundance of cultural and historical landmarks.
(+965) 2225 1400
Academic Employee (Ph D Level Lab Manager) In Soft Material Synthesis And Characterization (Organic/Organometallic Chemistry), Aarhus University, Denmark, 2 days ago
5 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Aarhus University Department Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2...
Assistant Professor Of Quantum Chemical Engineering Group, Osaka University, Japan, 14 days ago
23 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Osaka University Research Field Engineering Technology Chemistry Physics All Other Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Resear...
Assistant In The Group Of Research And Teaching Staff, CRACOW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, Poland, 16 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CRACOW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY Department Faculty of Engineering and Chemical Technology Research Field Engineering » Chemical engineering Researc...
Professor Assistant , AGH University, Poland, 17 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company AGH University Department Inorganic Chemistry Research Field Chemistry Engineering » Materials engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Re...
Head Of The Institute Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer , Univerzita Pardubice, Czech, 13 days ago
24 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Univerzita Pardubice Department Faculty of chemical technology Research Field Chemistry » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Coun...
Postdoc Or Scientist Chemical Engineering In The Field Of Polymer Processing (A), Empa, Switzerland, about 23 hours ago
7 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Empa Research Field Engineering » Chemical engineering Chemistry » Other Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Switzerland Applicati...