University of the West of Scotland in Partnership with Bash’D LTD.
School of Business and Creative Industries
KTP Associate – Digital Business Transformation Manager
Company Based - Edinburgh
Salary up to £34,500 per annum plus £5,000 personal development budget
Full-time: 35 Hours per week
Fixed Term: 30 months
- Are you a Digital Marketing graduate looking for a unique opportunity to deliver an innovative project?
- Would you like to work with a leading baking company and be supported by senior company management and by a team of academics at UWS?
- Are you looking for hands on experience whilst gaining further qualifications?
- If so, we want to hear from you!
This is a unique opportunity to work in one of Scotland’s innovation leaders in the field of baking. Responding to a global greening agenda in food production this 30-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project between the Bash’D and UWS the post has the potential for permanent employment.
You will be a graduate in Digital Marketing/ Digital Business Analyst/Digital Business Development background or with a relevant degree involving a significant amount of relevant in digital business experience. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the management team and will be instrumental in realising the company’s exciting plans for business growth, achieved by enhancing the team’s approach to strategic management development, planning and decision making, to implement organisational and cultural change and to build business resilience.
Bash’D are a community bakers specialising in sourdough bread production. With a focus on quality, simplicity and customer service Bash’D service a rising consumer and wholesale demand for artisanal bread. In placing community and environmental awareness at its core Bash’D understand the important links between food security, healthy and ecologically friendly ingredients and sustainable business growth. Bash’D looks to take its innovative and greening vision for ethical and artisanal quality bread across the cities and communities of the UK.
Find out more about Bash’D by visiting: https://www.companybakery.com/
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. Please visit: https://www.uws.ac.uk/business/knowledge-expertise/knowledge-transfer-partnerships/ or contact Stuart McKay (email@example.com )
The successful candidate must possess:
- Minimum a bachelor's in business with specialisation in digital marketing and MSc in Digital Marketing, E or M-commerce or related area desirable qualification with a demonstrable record of experience in the food industry or associated sector or in a Digital Business Transformation role.
- Desirable if membership of relevant professional organisation (e.g., DMI, CIM, IDDM)
Essential skills we require include the following:
- Strong background in Digital Transformation of business and Digital Marketing evidenced by qualifications and/or experience.
- Understanding the dynamics and challenges of the food industry, its market segments and be able to work with B2B business development.
- Well-developed project management and research organisational skills.
- Strong numerical, analytical and data handling skills.
- Strong Digital Skills and the ability to work with different cloud ecosystems (preferably with G Suite Enterprise or MOS Enterprise)
- Ability to work with Google Analytics / Business Analytics for both external and internal communication systems and approaches.
- Work well with Digital & Social Transformation Technologies (digital content 360 video and image, content management systems, internal and external communications platforms such as HubSpot).
- Ability to carry out project costing and to compare alternatives based on costs and other factors.
- Expertise in writing and preparation of reports and business cases.
- Ability to deliver results in a highly dynamic organisation under tight schedules.
- In addition, the candidate may be required to carry out ad-hoc administration and reporting tasks as required.
- Ability to work independently.
We support you – We are the only Scottish University to have a dedicated KTP centre, meaning you are fully supported throughout your time with the company by UWS staff.
We are growing – In 2019, UWS were the top performing University in the UK by value of secured KTP projects.
You grow with us – Many of our KTP associates are offered permanent roles and continue to provide support to projects as part of a team and autonomously. We will also invest £5,000 in your development, this includes training in Chartered Management Institute (Level 5) and the opportunity to register for an MPhil or Ph.D.
To find out more click here
If you have questions about this vacancy contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing Date: Thursday 23 September 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 07 October 2021
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.
Lecturer In Marketing Full Time, 12 Month Maternity Cover, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Lecturer in Marketing - Full time, 12-month maternity cover £40,927 - £50,296 per annum (Grade 6) Excellent benefits package We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic new team member as a Lecturer...
Lecturer In Marketing, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic new team member as a Lecturer in Marketing, on our Learning and Teaching pathway, who is excellent at teaching and has a strong research profile. We are ...
Lecturer In Law – Full Time, Permanent, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Lecturer in Law – Full time, Permanent £40,927 - £50,296 per annum (Grade 6) Excellent benefits package We are looking to appoint a Lecturer in Law on our Professional Practice, Learning and Teach...
Director Of Enterprise And Knowledge Exchange , Edinburgh College ;, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Edinburgh College is one of Scotland's biggest Colleges with around 30,000 students across four campuses in Edinburgh and the Lothians. Offering a wide variety of vibrant vocational and academic c...
Lecturer In Law, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Lecturer in Law – Full time, Permanent We are looking to appoint a Lecturer in Law on our Professional Practice , Learning and Teaching , or Research pathway . The successful candidate will join...
Deputy Dean (Professor), Edinburgh Napier University Business School, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Deputy Dean (Professor), Edinburgh Napier University Business School Full time, Permanent Edinburgh Napier Business School is seeking to appoint a highly ambitious and motivated Deputy Dean (Profe...