INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
Full time, 36.5 hrs per week
Hybrid working – This role offers a mixture of home working & working on Exeter University's Streatham Campus
We are looking for an individual with QA engineering skills to join our rapidly expanding Engineering Chapter as a Junior Software Engineer in Test! The main purpose of this role will be:
- Developing new tests procedures to confirm the quality of newly developed features and writing test automation scripts.
- Assist in creating an automation test framework.
- Investigating problems in software based on the results of testing.
This role will be an essential part of our Engineering Chapter who:
- Create immersive high-quality solutions by applying new and innovative methods and technology. Following an agile development approach with DevOps at the core.
- Follow DevOps practices automating as many tasks as possible to deliver solutions.
- Delivers new services, and maintains existing platforms to enable delivery
We’re really looking for…
- Demonstrable experience of the review and diagnosis and successful delivery of solutions to complex problems in a measured and creative way, demonstrating the ownership of issues and opportunities.
- Experience of automated software and system management tools.
- Experience of the full project life cycle.
- Demonstrable experience of working within teams, evidencing ability in building beneficial working relationships
- Experience of monitoring technology performance and contributing to continual service improvement
- Ability to work well with others and provide advice and guidance for others.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Ability to produce readable, maintainable and testable code.
Just some of the benefits that come with this role include:
- 41 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Full university USS pension scheme – Over 21.4% employer contributions!
- Access to the latest technologies and platforms
- We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and we’ll empower you to keep developing your expert skills
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Loads of discounts at leading retailers including 10% off everything at the Co-op!
- Onsite gyms on all of our campuses and a cycle to work scheme
- Sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- Stunning campus locations in Exeter and Cornwall
Apply with your CV and short a cover note telling us how great you are and how your skills line up to what we’re looking for!
What we’re all about – Digital Team
We are the UoE Digital Team and we are delivering one of the boldest digital transformations in the higher education sector. Our vision is ambitious – we want to re-invent the higher education destination making it more accessible than ever before. With Ash Roots as our Chief Digital Officer we are building a revolutionary digital team. Rich in diversity and expertise we will help the University realise it’s true potential. We work in an agile way and have organised the team into chapters (groups of people with the same skill sets) and squads (made up of people from the chapters who can work autonomously and to their own goals). We want to test and champion new working models in our squads that push the boundaries of inclusivity, location, and flexibility. Our users will be at the heart of everything we do and we’ll develop new ways to deliver value, make things easier and generate new income along the way.
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 and QS World University Ranking 2022). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
With over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment where our diversity is celebrated and valued as a major strength. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all members of our community are supported to thrive; where diverse voices are heard through our engagement with evidence-based charter frameworks for gender (Athena SWAN), race equality (Race Equality Charter Mark), LGBTQ+ inclusion (Stonewall Diversity Champion) and as a Disability Confident employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our working community. Reasonable adjustments are available for interviews and workplaces.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
If you have any queries on this position, please send them to UoEDigital@exeter.ac.uk
The closing date for this role is the 10th February 2023.
Graduation Administrator (Exeter) , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
This full time, permanent post is available as soon as possible. This role offers the opportunity for hybrid working – some time on campus and some from home. Summary of the role This is an exciti...
Education Welfare Advisor , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Three full-time, permanent Education Welfare Advisor posts are available to commence in Spring 2023. These posts are part of the University’s Wellbeing and Welfare Team, operationally based within...
Education Support Assistant , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
This full-time post is available immediately on a permanent basis in the Queen’s Education Support Team. The Education and Academic Services Directorate provides all of the key administration and ...
Information Governance Officer , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
This full-time post is available immediately on a 12 month fixed-term contract. This role offers the opportunity for hybrid working – some time on campus and some from home. Summary of the role/po...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Public Policy And/Or Public Administration (Education And Research) , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
This full time, permanent position is available with start date negotiable during the period up until 1st September 2023. The role You will have a creative and ambitious research agenda and will ...
Welfare Consultant (Out Of Hours) , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Wellbeing Services This part-time (25.5hrs a wk/51 hrs per fortnight) evening post is available immediately, working to cover seven days a week on a permanent basis. There are two shift patterns c...