We are currently searching for an experienced Technical Services Lead to join us at the Medical Research Council at Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire, to lead on technical services for the Mary Lyon Centre, including the gene delivery laboratory and surgical services.
The Mary Lyon Centre is a national facility for mouse genetics research!
Our activities focus on applying innovative technologies in genome editing and phenotyping to mouse genetics research especially in the context of mouse models of human disease. We are generating new mouse strains for preclinical and discovery research and developing new applications for a number of automated phenotyping tests, including those involving telemetry and longitudinal collection of data. We are the central hub for the new National Network for Mouse Genetics! Take a look here: (https://mrc.ukri.org/research/initiatives/national-mouse-genetics-network/ ).
Do you have:
- A PhD in a subject related to mouse genetics, including experimental design and data analysis
- Mouse genetics experience, surgical proficiency and experience in statistical analyses of experimental data
- Experience in rodent surgery and working with genetically altered mouse models
Main duties include:
- Leading the interface between gene delivery and surgical services and the scientific users of the Mary Lyon Centre.
- Developing and establishing new and innovative services within the MLC for surgical procedures and gene delivery with an emphasis on refinement and best practice.
- Line management responsibilities for the gene delivery and surgical services group
- Project license holder under Home Office legislation for service licenses for gene delivery and surgical services
- Quality control manager for ISO 9001
- Design and deliver training courses in technical skills
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of family friendly benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance.
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
How to apply: For full details of this post view: https://mrc.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-3/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/1517-Head-of-Technical-Services-MLC-1517/en-GB to complete an online application.
Closing Date: 15th April 2021
Laboratory Technician, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
The Sunter group in the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences is looking to fill the vacancy of Research Scientist for our Wellcome Trust funded Collaborative research project. This will use an exci...
Receptionist, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Receptionist to be the first point of contact and the face of the Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology. You will also contribute to team efforts ...
Head Of Information Security Management, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
About us: At Oxford Brookes University we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognis...
Systems Analyst, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POST IS OFFERED TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES WHO ARE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED BY OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY. About the role: As Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for developing and imp...
Laboratory Technician In High Throughput Genomics, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Laboratory Technician to join the Wellcome Centre of Human Genetics, to assist with handling the whole process of customer sample receipt, appropriate ...
Deputy Buildings And Facilities Manager, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
Applications are invited for the position of a Deputy Buildings and Facilities Manager to join our friendly and dynamic facilities team at the Botnar Research Centre, Nuffield Department of Orthop...