Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing
Head of School and Associate Dean- Public Health & Health Studies
Part of The Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing, The School of Public Health & Health Studies was established in August 2021. The vision for the School is for future development of healthcare education, research, and practice and to develop a centre of excellence in health education, research and knowledge exchange. The Head of School will also be part of the senior Faculty leadership team.
The School provides accredited professional courses including foundation year, undergraduate and postgraduate courses, in addition to a wide variety of CPD courses. Leading the School, you will be responsible for overseeing both the formal academic training and leading the ongoing development and quality assurance of regional public health specialist training schemes
Head of School and Associate Dean- Public Health & Health Studies Role and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management, devising and developing policies and operational plans and ensuring their implementation
- Have oversight of the School’s contribution to the University regional strategy, ensuring that the School’s approach to and priorities for regional engagement align to those of the Faculty and University
- Manage the School’s non-pay budget, costs of teaching and income generation
- Have oversight of and be responsible for the academic and professional programmes
- Build the depth and quality of the academic disciplines within the School, building the standing and reputation of the School regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Manage the School’s Professors, Principal Lecturers and other senior members of staff providing direction and leading the School’s senior leadership team.
- Be responsible for overseeing the optimum and efficient deployment of resources, including the management of non-staff budget and ensuring that the University’s workload allocation
- Lead the School’s partnership working and alumni activity, enhancing its external profile and supporting the delivery of student success and research.
- Have oversight of the School’s contribution to the University research strategy as well as making an effective contribution to the Faculty leadership team and the delivery of the 2030 Strategic Vision
- Foster a culture of belonging through demonstrating a commitment to equality, diversity, fairness and equity across the University for staff and students
Head of School and Associate Dean- Public Health & Health Studies Requirements
- Commitment to fairness, inclusivity and the promotion of equality and diversity
- Master’s degree and preferably a PhD in one of the School discipline areas (or equivalent professional experience/expertise in a relevant discipline) - Public Health and/or Health Studies, Medical Statistics/Epidemiology
- Fellowship of the HEA
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Significant evidence of successful leadership in Higher Education
- Have a strong academic record and standing in one of the disciplines within the School including successful recent experience of teaching/assessing and/or external examining .
- Extensive knowledge of population studies and public health practice and knowledge of the public health landscape as this relates to higher education in the UK and internationally, especially post the global pandemic.
- Experience in seeking and obtaining accreditation of courses with relevant Professional Bodies.
- Clear evidence of positive leadership and management performance
- Skills and experience in managing change and a willingness to focus on culture change
- Demonstrated experience in budget management
- Extensive knowledge of the practice learning landscape (including student deployment) and evidence of leading practice learning initiatives.
- Publication record in peer reviewed academic journals.
A professorial title will be available to applicants who satisfy the University's criteria for professorial appointments with evidence of an outstanding record of research, knowledge exchange, industrial engagement and / or pedagogy.
The University of Wolverhampton celebrates diversity and recognises that difference brings value to our organisation.
As part of our commitment to ensure the diversity of staff body reflects the diversity of the student and local communities we serve, we particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, Asian, or Ethnic Minority heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who whilst not self-defining as disabled do encounter challenges due to a society that disables them by lack of inclusivity).
We are proud to have been awarded Disability Confident employer status, included in the Stonewall list of employers and are working towards improving our practices against Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter. We believe in creating an even playing field for all our colleagues, where we can all belong.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are scored against the criteria set out in the job description and person specifications attached to this advert. Applications are not assessed against the job advert so please ensure your applications are crafted against the Job Description and Person Specification contained within it.
Chair In Public Policy/Public Administration/Public Management/Political Institutions School Of Government 38090, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
Chair in Public Policy/Public Administration/Public Management/Political Institutions - School of Government - 38090 - (220000ZA) Description Position Details Institute of Local Government Studies...
Associate Head Of School Health Sciences, Birmingham City University, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
View All Vacancies School of Health Sciences Location: City South Campus Salary: Competitive Salary Permanent Posted On: Tuesday 29 March 2022 Closing Date: Monday 06 June 2022 Reference: 0320...
Chair In Inclusive Leadership , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Birmingham Business School College of Social Sciences Grade: Professorial Competitive salary for an outstanding candidate Birmingham Business School is seeking to appoint an inspirational Chair in...
Associate Professor In Language, Social Justice, And Education , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
College of Social Sciences Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £51,799 to £60,022, with potential progression once in po...
Lecturer School Of Law X4 , Birmingham City University ;, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Location: Birmingham, City Centre Campus Closing Date: Sunday 01 May 2022 Interview Date: See advert The School of Law at Birmingham City University is a large, vibrant and diverse community of le...
Associate Professor (Research And Education) In Public Policy / Public Administration / Public Management / Political Institutions , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
School of Government College of Social Sciences Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £51,799 to £60,022, with potential p...