The Rosalind Franklin Institute is a new national Research Centre, funded by the UK government through UK Research and Innovation, dedicated to bringing about transformative changes in life science through interdisciplinary research and technology.
The Franklin is in the process of completing its establishment phase and gearing up for expansion so this role joins at an exciting time for the Institute. We will be taking occupancy of a new purpose built facility at the Harwell campus in spring 2021.
This is a challenging and varied role, with a high level of autonomy. The individual will take ownership of the full range of IT operations, whether they are delivered in-house or through third parties. Working as part of the Operations team and responsible for developing and delivery of the technology strategy and its operational application. Providing technology related expertise to ensure that both the strategic and operational objectives are delivered.
In return, we offer a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment with significant opportunity for personal growth and development.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Worked within senior information technology role in start-up or small business environment
- A track record of delivering technology projects on time and on budget
- Experience analysing and identifying efficiency gaps in infrastructure and software
- Previous experience managing IT infrastructure (Firewalls and security, Office 365, MS Teams)
- Experience of the identification, management and mitigation of risks
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- System migration and business change management experience
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Able to present ideas and solutions succinctly to relevant stakeholder
- A sound understanding of the application of applicable legislation and industry standards (e.g. GDPR)
In return we offer:
- 25 days holidays + additional time off over Christmas
- Generous pension scheme (employer’s contribution currently up to 18%)
- Training and development opportunities for staff at all levels
- Bus pass discount scheme
- Access to employee discount platform
- Subsidised canteen & free on-site parking, Campus location
Closing date: 17th March 2021 at 09:00am
Commercial Lawyer , University of Reading, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
The University wishes to appoint a Commercial Lawyer to its Legal Services team. The successful candidate will provide legal advice on a wide range of matters across the University, with a focus o...
User Office Administrator R Ca H 1593 , Medical Research Council, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
View Vacancy -- User Office Administrator - RCaH 1593 Open Date 18/06/2021, 10:30 Close Date 04/07/2021, 23:55 Research Institute Research Complex at Harwell Research Institute / Unit Informatio...
Senior Analyst Programmer (Teaching & Learning Technology) , University of Reading, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
The T&L Technology Team supports, maintains and develops digital technologies and applications used for the provision of Teaching and Learning across the University. The team is responsible for th...
Communications Business Partner, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
By unifying all marketing, communications, recruitment and engagement activity, the Marketing and Communications Directorate at Oxford Brookes University makes a measurable difference to the exper...
Deputy Admissions Officer (Degree Apprenticeships) , University of Reading, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
The Admissions Team (within Global Recruitment and Admissions) is responsible for handling applications to almost all award-bearing courses at the University. The University of Reading has an ambi...
Project Manager (Electrical) , University of Reading, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
The University of Reading is ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world. We are a global university that enjoys a world-class reputation for teaching, research and enterprise. Key to the ...