STEM Learning’s vision is a world-leading STEM education for all young people across the UK. To achieve this, it provides a range of support to formal and informal education, including subject-specific professional development for teachers and other educators, quality assured resources, support for STEM Clubs and other activities, and a student-facing experiences. It also facilitates the STEM Ambassador programme, enabling nearly 25,000 individuals from more than 7,500 employers to share their enthusiasm and expertise with young people and teachers throughout the UK.
This is an exciting role responsible for the strategic leadership of a portfolio of STEM Learning’s enrichment and enhancement activity to increase STEM attainment, aspirations and skills of all young people across the UK.
It is important that individual schools, colleges, teachers and senior leaders have access to a high-quality programme of professional development which positively impacts young people’s achievement, enthusiasm for and progression in STEM related subjects and careers. This role is instrumental in ensuring that all schools and colleges are able to benefit from the support provided by STEM Learning, which meets local and regional needs alongside addressing national priorities.
The role will work strategically with multiple partners, stakeholders and delivery arrangements to lead STEM Learning’s strategies for employer engagement, and collaboration with universities and research institutions.
To achieve STEM Learning’s vision, key deliverables for this role will include:
- Strategic leadership of the STEM Ambassador programme and Enrichment activities working effectively with multiple partners, stakeholders and delivery arrangements
- Strategic engagement with employers and sector organisations to help tackle the skills shortages in research, innovation and STEM sectors across the UK.
- Harnessing the power of engagement with public, private and third sector businesses - individually and collectively - including Higher Education Institutions and Research Institutes to leverage strong engagement and collaboration.
- Working across the business and with key external partners to deliver our ambitions for direct pupil engagement supporting all young people and ensuring access for those students most in need of support.
- Driving at scale the financial eco-system across our delivery infrastructure to achieve a sustainable approach to our enrichment and enhancement programmes.
- With cross organisational responsibility holding strategic management of STEM Learning’s enrichment infrastructure leading continuous improvement to meet the needs of employers, young people, teachers and senior leaders. Implement innovation, adopting a data-led approach to the coordination and management of the portfolio at a national level.
- Coordination of multiple programme’s projects and management of their interdependencies, including oversight of risks and issues arising and the proactive achievement of outcomes within financial and budgetary constraints.
Our Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have a background of leading teams to success including setting strategies and meeting operational targets. You will have strong commercial acumen and substantial experience of working collaboratively to achieve success.
With advanced interpersonal and communication skills, you will be able to influence positively across all levels both internally and externally, while engaging with and managing stakeholder relationships.
You may be an active STEM Ambassador working in industry, with a strong passion for sharing your experiences of developing and cultivating productive working relationships with a variety of employers, sector organisations, universities, research institutions, schools and colleges.
Whether from industry or other background, you'll be the type of person who has an innate desire for continuous improvement, pro-actively business partnering and seeking to understand the changing needs of the economy and the education sector. You'll see the bigger picture and relish operating at pace to translate strategies into operational plans and tangible outcomes across the education and skills agenda.
- 30 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Access to a fantastic pension scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme
- Access to a voluntary staff benefits scheme including cycle to work loan scheme; health cash back plans; free eye tests; discounted vouchers and much more
To apply please submit your CV and a cover letter (via the ‘Apply’ button above) explaining what interested you in the role and why you think you are our ideal candidate.
There is no closing date for this appointment; applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are recommended.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please visit our vacancies page .
Research Associate (Uk Dementia Research Institute) Internal Only, King's College London, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Job id: 074529. Salary: £42,405 - £45,932 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance. Posted: 11 September 2023. Closing date: 17 September 2023. Business unit: IoPPN. Department: Basic & Cl...
Senior Engineering Project Manager, STFC, Andorra, 3 days ago
Senior Engineering Project Manager Location Science and Technology Facilities Council, UK Astronomy Technology Centre, Edinburgh. Salary: Band F (Stem 1) £59,500 to £65,450 per annum (dependent on...
Faculty Positions In Biotechnology, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 9 days ago
School: Biological Sciences / School of Sciences Position: Faculty Positions in Biotechnology Location: Suzhou, China Contract Type: Fixed-term, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended ABOUT XJTLU I...
Accreditation Manager, RMIT UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
Full-time, Continuing position Salary HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of th...
Teacher Science, Technology, English And Maths Stem, Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 23 hours ago
STEM Teacher Start 22nd January 2024 East Tamaki, South Auckland MIT is at the forefront of changing lives with vocational education, with a strong vision of getting people into great jobs We a...
Faculty Positions In Biotechnology, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), China, 9 days ago
21 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU) Research Field Biological sciences Medical sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...