We are looking for a talented graphic designer to join the University’s in-house design team. You will have worked in an agency or client-side, designing predominantly for print but will also have digital experience. You’ll have a portfolio that demonstrates designing, developing and executing both large and small creative briefs to a high standard, across multiple channels and platforms.
Used to working in a fast-paced environment, you will create and deliver engaging concepts, graphics, layouts and artwork across multiple touch points; ranging from adverts, brochures and direct mail through to exhibition stands and web banners. You will also help our team to evolve our brand identity to meet the developing needs of the University.
We’re looking for a highly organised team player with a friendly ‘can-do’ attitude who is experienced enough to know when a job just needs to happen, but also knows when to push back and question the brief for better results. You will be used to keeping up with industry trends and will be using your creative skills and knowledge of best practice to interpret briefs and ensure deliverables exceed customer’s expectations.
You will need excellent client and customer service skills to succeed in this role.
You will have:
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro and After Effects along with a good understanding of MS office (for the creation of Word and PowerPoint templates).
- Experienced in managing design jobs from creative brief through to final production.
- Excellent organisational qualities, respond to customer requests proactively and professionally.
- Ability to interpret design briefs creatively and successfully, ensuring design solutions meet the brief and are on time and on budget.
- Excellent communication skills when presenting concepts to clients, providing clear rationale for design choices whilst delivering the best for them in terms of creativity.
- Ability to interpret feedback and handle resistance and objections effectively
- A positive, proactive and collaborative attitude to working
- Exceptional pre-press skills with an eye for detail
As part of your application please upload a CV and a portfolio of or a web link to your work.
If you wish to make an informal and confidential enquiry, please contact Louise Scattergood, Head of Imaging, Design & Print Services, email@example.com, 01225 386150
All applications must be submitted through the University of Bath website.
Email details to a friend
The University of Bath is an equal opportunities employer and has an excellent international reputation with staff from over 60 different nations. To achieve our global aspirations, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Business Intelligence Developer , University of Bath ;, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Interview Date: To be confirmed We have a great opportunity for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our team responsible for the development and maintenance of the University’s Business Inte...
Careerpilot/Lifepilot Project Coordinator (Part Time, Fixed Term) , University of Bath ;, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Are you: Passionate about using online tools to help people understand and manage their careers? Able to manage and take forward a project with minimal supervision? Creative, hard-working and able...
Online Lecturer (Teaching) , University of Bath ;, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
The Department of Economics at the University of Bath is seeking to appoint a Lecturer (teaching only) in Economics to support primarily our successful online MSc Applied Economics. We are partic...
Business Intelligence Services Manager , Bath Spa University ;, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Location: Newton Park campus Line Manager: Chris Stedham, Deputy Director of IT Services Closing Date: 12 midnight GMT, 26 May 2020 About the role This is an exciting opportunity within IT...
Lectureship In Digital Health, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Division/School Academic Faculties Contract type Open Ended Working pattern Full time Salary £38,017 - £49,553 Closing date for applications 07-Jun-2020 The School is seeking to appoint a Lecturer...
Senior Research Administrator , University of Bristol ;, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
We are looking for a well-organised, confident and proactive administrator with strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as excellent IT skills (with particular experience of using Ex...