Location: The Francis Crick Institute, Midland Road, London
To be responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of research projects.
To provide comprehensive post award financial management and administrative support to ensure that Group Leaders and Researchers receive prompt advice and an efficient service from the point of award acceptance and project set up, to financial monitoring/reporting, management of financial budgets, final claim, project reconciliation, closure and preparation for any internal and external audits.
These include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the post award administrative and financial management of a varied portfolio of research grants and others as required.
- Provide a single point of contact for internal and external enquiries relating to their portfolio, from funders, Group Leaders, Service Delivery Partners, and ensuring that they are recorded and acted upon in a timely and effective manner or escalated as appropriate
- Support Group Leaders with regards to the planning and preparation of budget plans and providing guidance in relation to the eligibility of expenditure in relation to funders terms and conditions.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Team with regards to the approval process of staff to individual projects, paying particular attention to budget control and compliance to funders terms and conditions.
- Regularly review projects to monitor budgets, income and expenditure and ensure early identification of significant variances [budget under / overspends, ineligible costs, overhead recovery etc.]. Liaise with Group Leaders over any variances and potential financial problems and provide advice on how to resolve. Provide forecasts against funds remaining,
- Produce routine and customised financial reports for budget holders and other colleagues incorporating funders terms and conditions and to be able to explain accounting and financial concepts to non-finance staff
The Francis Crick Institute is a biomedical discovery institute dedicated to understanding the fundamental biology underlying health and disease. Its work is helping to understand why disease develops and to translate discoveries into new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, stroke, infections, and neurodegenerative diseases.
An independent organisation, its founding partners are the Medical Research Council (MRC), Cancer Research UK, Wellcome, UCL (University College London), Imperial College London and King’s College London.
The Crick was formed in 2015, and in 2016 it moved into a new state-of-the-art building in central London which brings together 1500 scientists and support staff working collaboratively across disciplines, making it the biggest biomedical research facility under in one building in Europe.
The Francis Crick Institute will be world-class with a strong national role. Its distinctive vision for excellence includes commitments to collaboration; developing emerging talent and exporting it the rest of the UK; public engagement; and helping turn discoveries into treatments as quickly as possible to improve lives and strengthen the economy.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply via our website.
- The closing date for applications is 07/07/2022
- All offers of employment are subject to successful security screening and continuous eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Brf Shipping & Colony Coordinator, Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
BRF Shipping & Colony Coordinator Reports to: BRF DATABASE & IT LIAISON This is a full-time, permanent position on Crick terms and conditions of employment. Summary The Biological Research Facilit...
Laboratory Research Officer, Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Laboratory Research Officer Reports to: Petr Znamenskiy, Group Leader This is a full-time, fixed term (11 months) position on Crick terms and conditions of employment. The Role This Laboratory Res...
Senior Laboratory Research Scientist – Chemical Biology Stp, Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Senior Laboratory Research Scientist – Chemical Biology STP Reports to: Head of Chemical Biology This is a full time, permanent position on Crick terms and conditions of employment. Overview The p...
<! Anchor > <! Anchor > Research Associate In The Comprehensive Cancer Centre <! Anchor > , King's College London, United Kingdom, 31 minutes ago
This Computational Biologist post, which is part of the CRUK Centre of London Centre, will sit within the School of Cancer and Pharmaceutical Sciences at King’s College London. The successful cand...
Senior Laboratory Research Scientist – Viral Vectors And In Vivo Experiments Applied..., Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Senior Laboratory Research Scientist – Viral Vectors and In Vivo Experiments - Applied Biotechnology Laboratory Contact term: This is a full-time, fixed term (24 months) position on Crick terms an...
Human Biology Stp Lead, Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Human Biology STP Lead Reports to: Director of Scientific Technology Platforms (STP) Contact term: This is a full-time, permanent position on Crick terms and conditions of employment. About the Ro...