The Role Purpose and Activities
The intern will undertake a range of activities, delivering services to customers and gaining experience including some of the following:
- · Providing direct user engagement with a range of visitors with differing needs and access requirements.
- Providing support where necessary to the development and planning of engagement programmes.
- Providing advice and responding to enquiries from users, including students, academics and wider public research communities, on the services and collections available, in cooperation with senior colleagues.
- Participating in short-term working groups and project work.
- Contributing to communications, social media activity, user-experience-related work, and user engagement.
- Administrative activities in support of work areas described above.
- They will also actively engage in staff development activities, including formal training sessions, reflection, and self-directed learning, to develop skills and knowledge appropriate to the role and context of the internship.
The vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are reached. Interviews to be held on 6th July 2023.
Specific role requirements
The intern role is fixed term to 31 August 2024 attracting a salary of £20,578 per annum pro rata (+ cost of living increase), plus 27 days holiday pro rata and excellent benefits.
This is a full-time post, working 35 hours per week.
The work pattern of the role may include weekend, evening, and bank holiday work as business demands.
We have four intern positions across University Library and Collections, please see the following job positions if you are interested;
Graduate Intern (Learning and Engagement) 23000727
Graduate Intern (Customer Services) 23000728
Graduate Intern (Art) 23000732
How to apply
We prefer to receive applications online. Please note that in submitting your application Durham University will be processing your data. We would ask you to consider the relevant University Privacy Statement which provides information on the collation, storing and use of data.
What you are required to submit
- A CV.
- A document providing supporting evidence of how you meet the essential and desirable criteria (preferably in a grid format using the different criteria as headings).
Please ensure that you submit all documentation listed above or your application cannot proceed to the next stage.
Senior Project Administrator, Durham University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Senior Project Administrator ( Job Number: 23001900) Department of Philosophy Grade 6: - £29,605 - £36,024 per annum (pro rata) Fixed Term - Part Time Contract Duration: 43 weeks if start date is ...
Finance Officer, Durham University, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Finance Officer ( Job Number: 23001921) Institute of Medical Humanities Grade 6: - £29,605 - £36,024 per annum (Pro Rata) Fixed Term - Part Time Contract Duration: 36 months Contracted Hours per ...
Assistant Curator Partnerships, Durham University, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Assistant Curator - Partnerships ( Job Number: 23001844) Library Grade 6: - £29,605 - £36,024 per annum Open-Ended/Permanent - Full Time Contract Duration: Open ended Contracted Hours per Week: 3...
Organisation Development Officer, Durham University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Organisation Development Officer ( Job Number: 23001954) HR & OD Grade 6: - £14,802.50 - £18,012.00, pro rata the full time salary of £29,605 - £36,024 Open-Ended/Permanent - Part Time Contracted ...
Student Records Manager, Durham University, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Student Records Manager ( Job Number: 23001995) Academic Office Grade 7: - £37,099 - £44,263 per annum Fixed Term - Full Time Contract Duration: 2 years Contracted Hours per Week: 35 Working Arran...
Cleaning Services Assistant, Durham University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Cleaning Services Assistant ( Job Number: 23002000) Student Enrichment Directorate Grade 1: - £7,159.03 which is pro rata to the full-time salary of £20,948 per annum Open-Ended/Permanent - Part T...