English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Tutor, Hainan, China
We are looking to recruit an experienced tutor to deliver English for Academic Purposes (EAP) modules in Hainan (Lingshui), China starting in February 2023.
These modules are embedded into programmes delivered as part of a new collaboration between Coventry University and Communication University of China (Communication University of China – Coventry College). The English for Academic Purposes modules will support successful study on Engineering and Arts & Humanities programmes at Undergraduate, Masters and PhD level.
Successful candidates will have substantial previous EAP teaching experience, experience of teaching large groups of learners, will be familiar with using a VLE such as Moodle to support teaching and with using Microsoft Teams for teaching remotely. The successful candidate will be based in Hainan as delivery of these modules is expected to be face-to-face. However, remote teaching may be undertaken temporarily if circumstances require it.
• 36.5 hours per week; up to 20 contact hours (lectures, seminars, tutorials) plus lesson preparation & marking, office hours
• Support from UK-based team including Course Leader; some course materials provided
• 18-month initial contract with possibility of extension based on successful probationary period (6 months) and performance
• Undergraduate degree
• CELTA, Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent
• Diploma level qualification and/or Masters in a relevant subject
• Experience of teaching English for Academic Purposes on a pre-sessional, international Foundation and/or in-sessional programme
• Experience of teaching large groups; experience of teaching remotely/online
• Native or near native speaker (IELTS 8.0 or above) standard of written and spoken English
• Salary: £30,491-£37,459 depending on qualifications and experience
• 28 days annual leave per year plus UK Bank Holidays (leave to be taken outside semester teaching times)
• Relocation allowance
• Work visa for China
• On campus accommodation available to rent (private)
Application process & deadlines:
To apply, please complete the application form via the link below (CU Group posts), AND attach an up-to-date CV to your application.
Teaching Fellow In Architecture , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥337,904 to ¥460,527 £40,875.23 to £55,708.57 converted salary* pe...
Teaching Fellow In Architectural Design , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥337,904 to ¥460,527 £40,821.51 to £55,635.35 converted salary* pe...
Associate Professor In Building Services Engineering , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥606,426 to ¥720,242 £72,943.34 to £86,633.59 converted salary* pe...
Associate Professor In Statistics , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥606,426 to ¥720,242 £73,631.03 to £87,450.34 converted salary* pe...
Assistant Professor In Marketing And Innovation, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit an Assistant Professor in Marketing and Innovation in Nottingham University Business School China. Your Key Responsibility To deliver te...
Assistant Professor In Chemistry, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Join a unique British University in China. The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. This award winning campus offering a ...