ORGANIZATION NAME College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Director, Operations and Administration is responsible for managing the different functions of Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CHMS) such as Finance, Strategic Initiatives, Facilities Management, Environment Health and Safety, Marketing and Promotions, Student Services and Human Resources functions. The Director also ensures that best practices are followed and are in compliance with University policies and requirements of the law within the United Arab Emirates.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic plan for Khalifa University’s CHMS, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the CHMS’s policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of Khalifa University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of CHMS’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure those divergences are addressed promptly.
- Oversee development and lead the implementation of the University’s strategy, policies, and procedures in compliance with applicable regulations and leading practices.
- In collaboration with Khalifa University’s Finance Department, provide financial planning functions which include financial management of CMHS’s operating budget, tracking commitments, long-term planning, major equipment purchases, and development and evaluation of funding models.
- In collaboration with Khalifa University’s Finance Department, oversee expense report processing, accounts receivables and accounts payables functions.
- In collaboration with Khalifa University’s Procurement Division, provide functions which include all purchasing, travel planning and authorizations.
- In collaboration with Khalifa University’s Human Resources Department, provide management functions which include overseeing faculty hiring, compensation, incentives; oversight of the staff salary adjustments; payroll and stipend transactions; and reporting.
- In collaboration with Khalifa University’s Facilities Management Department, provide management functions that include analysis of space availability and requirements, capital planning, major renovations, infrastructure, and tracking of space assignments and commitments.
- In collaboration with Khalifa University’s Promotion and Marketing team, provide functions which include development and management of all internal and external communications of CMHS’s in conjunction with External Relations; and development and maintenance of websites.
- Collaborate with other local, regional and international medical schools, professional organizations and work with other external entities regarding clinical practice.
- Oversee and manage the Administration Services to include Logistics, Fleet Operations, Mailing services Management and office support.
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews on administration-related budgets, contracts, expenditures and purchases to the Vice President.
- Provide pricing and strategic inputs into tender documentation for new subcontractors KU acceptance of Administration plans.
- Audit of Administration Plans to ensure compliance with contractual and deliverable requirements.
- Liase with all other teams to provide an effective and seamless service provision to Khalifa University.
- Ensure all KU services meet health and safety requirements and comply with related developed regulations.
- Ensure all projects are arranged for and completed on time and within the agreed budget.
- Ensure adherence to the University’s information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans. Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees’ administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 14 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, of which 5 years should have been in a Senior Managerial position, preferably in higher education.
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Research Scientist In Chemical Engineering, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 15 days ago
ORGANIZATION NAME College of Engineering ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The ...
Assistant Manager, Equipment Center And Instructor Of The Arts, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, 16 days ago
Description The Division of Arts and humanities at New York University Abu Dhabi invites applications for an open rank, continuing contract academic staff position at the instructor level in the F...
Professor Of Live Art/Art As Social Practice, Open Rank, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, 12 days ago
Continuing Contract Description The Division of Arts and Humanities at New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) invites applications for an open rank, full-time contract faculty position in the Thea...
Assistant/Associate Professor, Gender, Governance And Society, Tenure Track, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, 17 days ago
Description The Division of Arts and Humanities at New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) invites applications for a full-time tenure/tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor faculty position. We...
Interdisciplinary Scholars Of Places, Movement And Cultural Practices Professor, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, 17 days ago
Tenure Track/Open Rank Description The Division of Arts and Humanities at New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) invites applications for an open rank, multi and interdisciplinary, full-time tenure...
Dean Of Business College , KIMEP University ;, Kazakhstan, 13 days ago
Position summary To provide strategic leadership and strategic management in the academic and operational development of the College Duties and Responsibilities Administers Department heads, staff...