Communications & Marketing
Digital Content Assistant (Welsh language)
We’re recruiting a Digital Content Assistant, specialising in Welsh language content within the University’s Digital Communications team.
The University is committed to supporting and promoting the Welsh language and have a strong relationship with Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol so that all students and staff can study, work and live here in their language of choice. We also have partnerships with Welsh festivals such as Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Cymru, Eisteddfod yr Urdd and Tafwyl and we’re committed to supporting the vision of a bilingual, prosperous Wales.
Our website and intranet are available bilingually and this role will be responsible for ensuring that day-to-day changes made to our Welsh language web content are accurate and maintained to a high standard.
Working closely with the Senior Digital Content Producer (Welsh language), you will ensure that all our content is well-written and suitable for the intended audiences. Working with the wider team you will also help us identify areas of improvement, fix errors and offer digital support in the Welsh language for the wider University.
If you would like an informal conversation about the role please contact Osian Jones, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02922 510790.
This post is offered on an open-ended, full-time basis.
Salary: £19,202 - £21,414 per annum (Grade 3)
Date Advertised: Monday, 10 June 2019
Closing date: Thursday, 27 June 2019
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.
• Deal with a range of Welsh language web enquires from internal and external customers in a professional manner, establishing their requirements and adapting standard responses accordingly
• Collaborate with others in order to make recommendations for the development of established processes and procedures
• Establish working relationships with key contacts to help improve service levels
• Undertake a variety of administrative duties to support the team and department
• Gather and analyse data to accurately update Welsh language online content recognising trends and patterns in any data submitted
• Contribute to the success of the Digital Communications team
• Support the work of the Web Producer (Welsh language)
• Review digital Welsh language content and highlight what needs refining/editing
• Keep a detailed report of progress on Welsh language content
• Input Welsh language content into the University’s Web Content Management System
• Edit and revise Welsh language content where necessary
• Ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties
• Abide by University policies on Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
• Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role
Important note: It is the University’s policy to use the person specification as a key tool for short-listing. Candidates should evidence that they meet ALL of the essential criteria as well as, where relevant, the desirable. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide this evidence via a supporting statement. Please ensure that the evidence you are providing corresponds with the numbered criteria outlined below. Your application will be considered based on the information you provide under each element.
When attaching the supporting statement to your application profile, please ensure that you name it with the vacancy reference number, e.g. Supporting Statement for 8600BR.
Qualifications and Education
1. NVQ 2/GCSE Level A-C or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
2. Fluent Welsh speaker with written Welsh of a high standard.
3. Significant experience of working in an administrative or office environment.
4. Proficient in using common office I.T. packages (e.g. Word, MS Office) including web-based content management systems.
Customer Service, Communication and Team working
5. Ability to work as an effective team member, providing advice and guidance to other team members where necessary.
6. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of people.
7. Proven ability to deal with escalated requests for information or service, resolving customer issues where appropriate.
Planning, Analysis and Problem Solving
8. Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload within established time scales.
9. Ability to use initiative in solving problems and responding to queries ensuring compliance with standard procedures and practices.
10. A willingness to undertake further training and development.
1. Experience in writing and editing high quality Welsh language content for the web.
2. Experience of working in a higher education environment.
The Digital Communications team is responsible for the design, development and content of the external website and intranet. They provide tools, guidance, training and support to enable the University to communicate effectively across all digital channels.
Admin / Clerical, Marketing, Media and Public Relations
Research Associate In Physical Geography, American Geophysical Union, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Research Associate in Physical Geography Salary: £33,199 - £39,609 per annum (Grade 6) Vacancy number: 8669BR The School of Earth and Ocean Sciences at Cardiff University is a dynamic and successf...
Research Assistant Education U010581, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
The School of Education, Early Years and Social Work, located in the Faculty of Life Sciences and Education at the University of South Wales is investing in and building upon its existing excellen...
Research Assistant U010561, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
The School of Sport, Health and Professional Practice, located in the Faculty of Life Sciences and Education at the University of South Wales is investing in and building upon its existing excelle...
Senior Research Assistant U010603, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
The School of Psychology and Therapeutic Studies, located in the Faculty of Life Sciences and Education at the University of South Wales, is investing in research activity with a primary focus on ...
Research Assistant U010560, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
The School of Psychology and Therapeutic studies, located in the Faculty of Life Sciences and Education at the University of South Wales is investing in and building upon its existing excellence i...
Executive Assistant Rwcmd/0071, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT Ref: [RWCMD/0071] Full Time, Permanent Salary: £20,863 - £24,029 (Band C) Appointment at start of band) The College wishes to appoint an...