Department: Department of Pathology – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline: 8 Oct 2023
Start date: upon agreement
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
The Director of the University Hospital Brno and Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position a Department Head for:
Department of Pathology
Department of Pathology of the University Hospital, Brno and the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University is the second largest Department of its kind in the Czech Republic and is dedicated to diagnostic activities in the entire spectrum of pathology (except electron microscopy). The department's experts also provide specialized diagnostic consultations to community workplaces in a large part of the Czech Republic (especially in the Moravian regions). In addition to medical issues, the Department is active in the field of undergraduate and postgraduate education, including the organization of certification examinations in pathology. The Department is also engaged in research activities, especially in the field of haematopathology, neuropathology, oncogynecopathology and in the field of anti-tumour immunity.
The Department Head position candidate must be a respected expert in pathology with experience of working in a given area and with expertise in pre-graduate and postgraduate education.
The Head of the Department will be responsible for managing the operation and economy of the Department, undergraduate student education, postgraduate studies, publishing activities and coordination of scientific research activities of the Department. During the selection process, the candidate will present his/her vision for fulfilling the above.
Requirements for a declared position:
- university education in general medicine or equivalent education acquired abroad;
- eligibility to pursue the profession of physician in the relevant field in accordance with Section 5 of Act No. 95/2004 Coll.;
- academic degree PhD or scientific rank of CSc;
- habilitation within the meaning of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education, the scientific-pedagogical title of professor is an advantage;
- personal and professional requirements for managing the medical and academic team of the clinic;
- teaching experience and readiness to guarantee vocational subjects taught at the workplace;
- scientific and publishing activities in the given field;
- active knowledge of the Czech language;
- moral integrity;
- fulfilment of prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Lustration Act); does not have to document persons born after 1 December 1971 and foreign applicants.
- work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary cooperation;
- work in a top medical and educational workplace, involvement in teaching in a unique simulation centre;
- professional growth and the possibility of continuing education;
- motivating financial remuneration;
- supplementary pension insurance and other benefits.
The application, accompanied by the following documents:
- a structured CV,
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities,
- contacts for two people to obtain references (name, position, telephone number),
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas (external applicants only)
- a criminal record (no older than three months)
- certificate according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the so-called Lustration Act; persons born after 1 December 1971 and foreign applicants do not have to provide proof)
should be sent to the HR department of the Faculty of Medicine through e-Application.
For more information, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Of The Department Of Legal Theory , Masaryk University, Czech, about 21 hours ago
The Dean of the Faculty of Law of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the job position Head oftheDepartment of Legal Theory full-time,fixed term for 3 years: in the field of leg...
Head Of The Department Of Civil Law , Masaryk University, Czech, about 21 hours ago
The Dean of the Faculty of Law of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the job position Head oftheDepartment of Civil Law full-time,fixed term for 3 years Masaryk University is ...
Assistant Professor Of Institute Of Medical Genetics And Genomics Of The Faculty Of Medicine Mu , Masaryk University, Czech, about 22 hours ago
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University appoints a selection procedure for the position Assistant Professor of Institute of Medical Genetics and Genomics of the Faculty of Medici...
Assistant Professor Of The Comprehensive Cancer Care Department Of The Faculty Of Medicine Mu (Institutions Shared With The Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute) , Masaryk University, Czech, about 21 hours ago
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University appoints a selection procedure for the position Assistant Professor of the Comprehensive Cancer Care clinic of the Faculty of Medicine MU ...
Assistant Professor For The Department Czech Language And Literature , Masaryk University, Czech, about 22 hours ago
DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF PEDAGOGY of Masaryk University in Brno announces, following Section 77 of Act No. 111/98 Coll., an open competition for the post of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR with a focus on teach...
Postdoc Position In Cardiac Cellular Electrophysiology And Mechanics , Masaryk University, Czech, about 21 hours ago
Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for POSTDOC POSITION in Cardiac Cellular Electrophysiology and Mechanics Description: Adequate ele...