Full time starting salary is normally in the range £27,511, £30,046. With potential progression once in post to £33,797 a year
We are seeking a skilled, effective professional to support the development and delivery of Degree Apprenticeship (DA) provision (which may include other apprenticeship provision) at the University of Birmingham.
You will work closely with colleagues in Colleges and in other teams to ensure, collectively, that all reporting, contractual, funding, vocational assessment and other operational and compliance requirements are met.
You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and advising on a range of operational and quality assurance processes relating to DA provision and compliance with the requirements of external regulatory bodies, including Ofsted and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). Data management and reporting will be a key feature of the role. You will also have responsibility for supporting institution-wide projects such as preparation for external audits and the introduction of new areas of provision.
• To provide day-to-day professional services support for the management of DA programmes, working with a wide variety of internal stakeholders including Colleges of the University, Academic Services, HR, Finance, Business Engagement and Planning as well as academics across the institution and designated teams in partner organisations.
Compliance and Data
• To maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of the internal and external regulatory requirements relating to DAs (e.g. Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), Ofsted and Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), providing specialist advice and guidance to colleagues.
• To be responsible for elements of internal and external reports and other data and compliance returns, including those being submitted as required to funding agencies, quality bodies and business partners. This will include:
o working closely with colleagues responsible for oversight and submission of data returns;
o identification and reconciliation of complex issues and queries;.
• Knowledge of the UK Apprenticeships agenda.
• Ability to develop, implement and review operational processes that support the ongoing delivery of apprenticeship provision, meet internal and external regulatory requirements, and respond to stakeholders’ needs.
• The ability to understand and manipulate complex data, with excellent attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal skills and experience of working collaboratively, with a focus on customer service and the ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues at various levels of an organisation.
• Effective communication skills (both written and oral), including the ability to provide expert advice and guidance to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
• Ability to identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions, taking into account relevant internal and external factors.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritising appropriately and using organisational skills in order to meet deadlines.
• Excellent IT skills including experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and complex databases) and reporting tools, and the ability to learn how to use new systems quickly.
• First degree (desirable) or equivalent experience.
• Experience of compliance, quality assurance or regulation, with the ability to develop knowledge and understanding of new areas quickly and apply this in the higher
Informal enquiries can be made to Jo Luckett - firstname.lastname@example.org
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity at The University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community’
Early Years Teacher Oaks Nursery 98445 Grade 6, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Early Years Teacher - Oaks Nursery - 98445 - Grade 6 - (210001XM) Description Position Details Oaks Nursery, Campus Services Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time...
Apprentice Teaching Support Technician 98277 , University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Apprentice Teaching Support Technician - 98277 - (210001T4) Description Position Details Collaborative Teaching Laboratory Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Your starti...
Coach Degree Apprenticeships, Arden University, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Role: Coach -- Degree Apprenticeships Salary: £38,000 Based in our Coventry/Warwick Head Office or one of our UK Study centres (Manchester, London, Birmingham, Leeds) with an opportunity for agi...
Senior Administrator Applied Health Research 98396 Band 500, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Senior Administrator - Applied Health Research - 98396 - Band 500 - (210001W3) Description INTERNAL APPLICANTS TO THE UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM TO APPLY ONLY Position Details Institute of Applied H...
Tissue Services Manager Advanced Therapies Facility 54579 Grade 7, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Tissue Services Manager - Advanced Therapies Facility - 54579 - Grade 7 - (210001OC) Description Position Details Human Biomaterials Resource Centre Location: Advanced Therapies Facility, Universi...
Senior Departmental Administrator Birmingham Business School 95538 Band 500, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
Senior Departmental Administrator - Birmingham Business School - 95538 - Band 500 - (210001U5) Description Position Details Birmingham Business School College of Social Sciences Location: Universi...