Knowledge, Skills & Experience for the Role
Level of knowledge and/or educational qualifications required:
• Educated to Degree level
• Experience of working in international markets
• Computer literate
• Familiarity with social media a bonus
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the capability and confidence to lead and motivate colleagues, and build effective and trusting relations
• Willingness to travel to China to meet project partners
• Able to prospect for opportunity aligned to China Institute strategic objectives.
• Problem solving and organizational skills to formulate operational plans, and deal with complex situations, seeking appropriate advice and support when necessary
• Positive and adaptable to change
• Communicate opportunity to internal stakeholders, develop and implement solution
• Consensus building
• Excellent communication skills up and down the line
• Excellent organisation skills, including good time management and prioritisation and the ability of think methodically
• A determination to deliver a customer focused service
• Excellent interpersonal skills, to be able to deal professionally and efficiently with contacts at all levels, whether dealing with students, academic staff, or external contacts such as overseas partners, vice-chancellors/embassy officials
• Excellent oral (including tactful and confident telephone manner) and written communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively, progress tasks concurrently and work to deadlines
• Computer-literate: articulate, confident and competent in the use of database systems, electronic communications, spreadsheets
• Cultural sensitivity: awareness of the international perspective of the work of the Office in terms of the diversity of the student body and our relationships with overseas organisations.
• Strong planning and project management skills
• Experience of working in an educational establishment
• Working knowledge of international partnership development
Level of previous experience required:
• Experience of working across international markets
• Detailed understanding of University working environment
• Familiar with aspects of University work across
• Ability to interview and interact with academics and to generate content
• Experience in the budget administration and monitoring
• Experience in delivering events from start to finish including promotion, running and appropriate content
• Experience in high level meetings
• Linguistic capabilities a bonus
Online Admissions Manager, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
Online Admissions Manager Coventry University Online £35,412 – £39,578 per annum Access to discretionary bonus scheme of up to 10% Coventry University has seen huge global successes in recent year...
Senior Clerical Assistant, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
Fixed Term for 6 months We are looking to recruit to the post of Senior Clerical Assistant. You will contribute to the effective working of the Faculty Registry and delivery of quality courses by...
Senior Collaboration Administrator, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
The Academic Partnership Unit (APU) at Coventry University works with Faculties and services across the wider University to identify, develop and support academic collaborations between Coventry U...
Principal Lecturer In Occupational Therapy, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
Full-time, Permanent The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and ambitious HCPC registered Occupational Therapists to join our dynamic team of academics del...
Cleaner, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
PART-TIME Morning and evening shifts available - 17.5 hours a week Shift Times - 5am to 8.30am, 6.30am to 10am, 4.30pm to 8pm and 6.30pm to 10pm Coventry University's Estates are recruiting a numb...
Senior Internationalisation Administrator, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
The Faculty of Engineering, Environment & Computing is responsible for a large number of students studying courses acrossthe Faculty's diverse range of programmes. The post sits within the Faculty...