Department: School of Biological & Chemical Sciences
Salary: £36,064 - £42,431 (Grade 5)
Date posted: 19-Apr-2017
Closing date: 03-May-2017
Job profile Apply online
Chemistry and Biochemistry Laboratories Manager, REF: QMUL11367
The School of Biological and Chemical Sciences (SBCS) is one of the largest Schools within Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) covering Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Sciences as well as Psychology. The School is committed to excellence in research and teaching, and offers a lively and stimulating environment for both staff and students.
Applications are sought for a Chemistry and Biochemistry Laboratories Manager. This is a varied role where the successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Operational leadership and day to day management for technical and facility staff within the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department.
· Leading on Health and Safety for the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department to maintain and promote a positive and compliant safety culture.
· Liaising with academic and technical staff, researchers, building managers and relevant people and committees at School and College level to ensure the laboratories and their equipment continue to be world class places for research and education.
Candidates must have a relevant Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in one of the Chemical Sciences. Candidates with higher degrees, additional vocational qualifications and relevant technical training in laboratory management and health & safety are particularly encouraged to apply. The successful candidate is likely to have:
· Experience of supervising or line managing people within a chemical/technical environment, with an ability to provide good leadership.
· Knowledge and management experience in maintaining Health & Safety and COSHH compliance within a chemical/biochemical laboratory.
· Proven analytical, problem solving, numerical, planning, organisational and interpersonal skills used to identify and manage potential problems and opportunities effectively.
The post is permanent and full time. The salary will be in the range of £36,064 - £42,431 per annum. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, defined benefit pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
For further information about the School, please see www.sbcs.qmul.ac.uk.
Informal enquiries may be directed to the Head of Department, Prof Marina Resmini firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as ‘Chemistry and Biochemistry Laboratories Manager’
The closing date for applications is 3 May 2017. Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.
Valuing Diversity and Committed to Equality
Teaching Laboratory Technician , University College London, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences Specific unit / Sub department Natural Sciences Grade 5 Hours Part Time Hours per week (%FTE) 18.25 hours per week (50% FTE)...
Laboratory Technician (Environmental Engineering) , University College London, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Civil, Environmental & Geomatic engineering Grade 7 Hours Full Time Salary (inclusive of London allowance) £34,056-£41,163 per annum Duties and Responsibilities UCL’s Dep...
Teaching Fellow Design , University College London, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Chemical Engineering Grade 7 Hours Full Time Salary (inclusive of London allowance) £34,056 - £41,163 per annum Duties and Responsibilities The main purpose of this role ...
Research Associate Fluids Structure And Transport Properties In Unconventional Pores , University College London, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Department of Chemical Engineering Grade 7 Hours Full Time Salary (inclusive of London allowance) £34,056 - £36,923 per annum Duties and Responsibilities The Department o...
Senior Lecturer In Construction 0.7, University of Westminster, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Do you have a background in construction, building surveying or project management? Would you like to play a key role in developing the construction industry’s professionals of the future? Have ...
Research Associate In Theory And Simulation Of Materials , University College London, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Physics & Astronomy Grade 7 Hours Full Time Salary (inclusive of London allowance) £34,056 - £41,163 per annum Duties and Responsibilities Two postdoctoral positions are ...