The Crick’s Biological Research Facility (BRF) is looking for 13 individuals to join their team on a bank (casual) agreement. Full training will be given.
The BRF Research Officer/Support Technician Bank Staff are responsible for the delivery and provision of quality essential support to the team. Working under supervision, this role includes carrying out clearly defined animal husbandry tasks while adhering to legal frameworks, protocols and procedures.
These include but not limited to:
Animal Husbandry and Welfare:
- Providing excellent care, welfare and husbandry to laboratory animals
- Providing daily animal husbandry support to animals within specialised barrier systems
- Undertaking general cleaning and disinfection of equipment and areas
- Gaining and maintaining knowledge of relevant legislation, for example, Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Using equipment in an appropriate and efficient manner. This includes, for example, cage washers, robotic cage processing systems and cage change stations
- Unloading and checking deliveries
- Checking stock levels within relevant BRF areas
- Delivering animals, stock and consumables between delivery points and BRF units in a timely manner
- Providing daily support to the BRF, for example, by preparing cages, racking, water pouches, laundry and consumable supplies
Health & Safety:
- Working to defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Gaining awareness and adhering to all Health and Safety Regulations
- Maintaining the integrity of the barriers for areas working in and reporting breaches to the relevant people
- Maintaining accurate written and computer-based records
- Working as part of a team to provide support to the BRF
- Undertaking general cleaning and disinfection of areas including toilets and shower facilities
- Assisting with some animal husbandry duties within specialised barrier systems
- Taking part in any other duties that are appropriate to the role as directed
- Asking for information, guidance from relevant people to complete tasks
- Reporting and communicating any issues/problems identified in the area to the relevant people
- Conveying of information clearly to others within own team
The Francis Crick Institute is a biomedical discovery institute dedicated to understanding the fundamental biology underlying health and disease. Its work is helping to understand why disease develops and to translate discoveries into new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, stroke, infections, and neurodegenerative diseases.
An independent organisation, its founding partners are the Medical Research Council (MRC), Cancer Research UK, Wellcome, UCL (University College London), Imperial College London and King’s College London.
The Crick was formed in 2015, and in 2016 it moved into a new state-of-the-art building in central London which brings together 1500 scientists and support staff working collaboratively across disciplines, making it the biggest biomedical research facility under in one building in Europe.
The Francis Crick Institute will be world-class with a strong national role. Its distinctive vision for excellence includes commitments to collaboration; developing emerging talent and exporting it the rest of the UK; public engagement; and helping turn discoveries into treatments as quickly as possible to improve lives and strengthen the economy.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply via our website.
- The role will close subject to the appropriate candidates being found.
- All offers of employment are subject to successful security screening and continuous eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
540 22 R Head Of Zebrafish Unit, St George's University of London, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
View All Vacancies Research Operations Salary: £42,149 to £50,296 plus London Allowance of £3,195 Permanent, full time position Opening Date: Monday 06 June 2022 Closing Date: Wednesday 29 June ...
Research Technician In Circadian Medicine | Uk Dri, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Job description Job summary Opportunities to join in the search for future treatments for dementia! To date there is no way to prevent it or even slow its progression, and there is an urgent need ...
Chair In Global Women’s Health, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Job description Job summary Professorships: The George Institute for Global Health UK, Imperial College London, United Kingdom London – UK Salary to be negotiated Imperial College London and The G...
Clinical Trial Monitor, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Job description Job summary We are looking for a Clinical Trial Monitor to join our team. The Cancer Research UK Imperial Centre: Clinical Trials Section (CTS) has successfully developed and run m...
Research Associate In Data Science And Machine Learning, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Job description Job summary Applications are invited for an up to 3-year postdoctoral research position within the Computational Cardiac Imaging Group, led by Prof Declan O’Regan. We are looking f...
Research Department Of Cell And Developmental Biology, University College London (UCL), United Kingdom, 17 days ago
UCL Division of Biosciences Research Department of Cell and Developmental Biology London Research Career Development Fellowships in the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, UCL: Expressio...