The University of Oxford is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor in International Human Rights Law, to commence from 1 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. The appointment is to a post held by the Department for Continuing Education, with membership of the Law Faculty, and based at the Bonavero Institute of Human Rights Law, Oxford. The postholder will benefit from a Fellowship at Kellogg College, including rights of Common Table, free access to College and Guest Night dinners and all relevant social facilities, and an academic allowance of approximately £1,000 p.a. The postholder will have an office at the Bonavero Institute, and the Department for Continuing Education.
You will have expertise in International Human Rights Law, and possess a doctorate in a relevant area, be an effective teacher at all levels of university education, and be capable of supervising doctoral research students. You will possess a proven record of research and publication (preferably relating to International Human Rights Law), including research grant activity and academic leadership.
The main duties of the post are to:
• engage in research and publication at an internationally competitive level in law, and to produce work of the highest quality for inclusion in the Research Excellence Framework (REF);
• serve as lead director for the International Human Rights Law Summer School which is run in collaboration with George Washington University;
• serve as lead director for the online component of the Masters’ in International Human Rights Law and to teach on it as required;
• actively contribute to the development and delivery of the Masters’ in International Human Rights Law;
• develop pathways for advancing the International Human Rights Law alumni network and collaborate with the programme director in raising money for scholarships;
• contribute to Continuing Education’s public programming and wider engagement in the field of International Human Rights Law;
• contribute to the supervision and assessment of Doctoral students in International Human Rights Law and related areas at the University of Oxford;
• contribute to the research culture of the Department and the Bonavero Institute of Human Rights and to enhance the University’s reputation in the field of International Human Rights Law;
• undertake such other duties as may be required by the Director of the Department.
The Department for Continuing Education is the leading Continuing Education department in the UK. Committed to public engagement, the Department is multidisciplinary and encourages interdisciplinary teaching and research.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on 15 February 2019. Interviews are expected to take place on 4 March 2019.
Front Of House Apprentice (Hospitality Team Member), Nuffield College, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
Nuffield College is seeking to appoint two Front of House – Apprentices (Hospitality Team Members) to specialise in Food and Beverage Service in support of the College’s Front of House (FoH) team ...
Electrical Technician Mgu 1085 , Medical Research Council, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
View Vacancy -- Electrical Technician - MGU 1085 Open Date 16/05/2019, 09:00 Close Date 23/06/2019, 23:55 Research Institute MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit Research Institute / Unit Information MRC...
Apprentice Commis Chef, Nuffield College, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
Nuffield College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Apprentice Commis Chef to assist the kitchen team in the preparation and service of food. You must have a passion for cooking and a desire to...
Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer/ Teaching Fellow Business Related Areas, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Within Oxford Brookes Business School we are recruiting for a number of new academic staff in a variety of roles across a range of business related disciplines. Applications are particularly sough...
Market Intelligence Officer, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for providing analysis and insight in the new Market Insight team in the Strategic Change and Planning Directorate of Oxford Brookes University. This would suit ...
Deputy Director Of Global Recruitment, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Oxford Brookes is embarking on a new era in its global operations. We have big ambitions to grow the size of our global footprint through broadening worldwide access to an Oxford Brookes education...