The University of Oxford is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor in International Human Rights Law, to commence from 1 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. The appointment is to a post held by the Department for Continuing Education, with membership of the Law Faculty, and based at the Bonavero Institute of Human Rights Law, Oxford. The postholder will benefit from a Fellowship at Kellogg College, including rights of Common Table, free access to College and Guest Night dinners and all relevant social facilities, and an academic allowance of approximately £1,000 p.a. The postholder will have an office at the Bonavero Institute, and the Department for Continuing Education.
You will have expertise in International Human Rights Law, and possess a doctorate in a relevant area, be an effective teacher at all levels of university education, and be capable of supervising doctoral research students. You will possess a proven record of research and publication (preferably relating to International Human Rights Law), including research grant activity and academic leadership.
The main duties of the post are to:
• engage in research and publication at an internationally competitive level in law, and to produce work of the highest quality for inclusion in the Research Excellence Framework (REF);
• serve as lead director for the International Human Rights Law Summer School which is run in collaboration with George Washington University;
• serve as lead director for the online component of the Masters’ in International Human Rights Law and to teach on it as required;
• actively contribute to the development and delivery of the Masters’ in International Human Rights Law;
• develop pathways for advancing the International Human Rights Law alumni network and collaborate with the programme director in raising money for scholarships;
• contribute to Continuing Education’s public programming and wider engagement in the field of International Human Rights Law;
• contribute to the supervision and assessment of Doctoral students in International Human Rights Law and related areas at the University of Oxford;
• contribute to the research culture of the Department and the Bonavero Institute of Human Rights and to enhance the University’s reputation in the field of International Human Rights Law;
• undertake such other duties as may be required by the Director of the Department.
The Department for Continuing Education is the leading Continuing Education department in the UK. Committed to public engagement, the Department is multidisciplinary and encourages interdisciplinary teaching and research.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on 15 February 2019. Interviews are expected to take place on 4 March 2019.
Director To Lead Insulin Resistance Department At Novo Nordisk Research Centre Oxford, Novo Nordisk, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Novo Nordisk is looking for a highly skilled and people oriented Director to lead a new Department of Insulin Resistance at our Research Centre in Oxford. This Transformational Research Unit (TRU)...
Pro Vice Chancellor / Dean Of The Faculty Of Humanities And Social Sciences, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Oxford Brookes University Pro Vice-Chancellor / Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Attractive Salary and Package Oxford Brookes University is one of the UK’s leading modern high...
Pro Vice Chancellor And Dean, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Oxford Brookes University is one of the UK's leading modern higher education institutions. In a city steeped in learning, our Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences offers an ambitious and dyna...
Immigration Officer , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Personnel Services, Oxford Grade 7: £32,236 - £39,609 p.a. This post requires up-to-date knowledge of the Home Office points based system, preferably for Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsorship; experience ...
Part Time Hr Officer , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Faculty of History, George Street, Oxford Grade 6: £28,660 - £34,189 p.a. (pro rata) THIS POST MAY ALSO BE OFFERED AS A SECONDMENT OPPORTUNITY The Faculty of History is seeking to appoint a part-t...
International Marketing Officer, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Oxford Brookes University is looking to appoint a motivated and creative International Marketing Officer to join our new Strategic Marketing and Digital team. Working with the International Market...