The University of Oxford is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor in International Human Rights Law, to commence from 1 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. The appointment is to a post held by the Department for Continuing Education, with membership of the Law Faculty, and based at the Bonavero Institute of Human Rights Law, Oxford. The postholder will benefit from a Fellowship at Kellogg College, including rights of Common Table, free access to College and Guest Night dinners and all relevant social facilities, and an academic allowance of approximately £1,000 p.a. The postholder will have an office at the Bonavero Institute, and the Department for Continuing Education.
You will have expertise in International Human Rights Law, and possess a doctorate in a relevant area, be an effective teacher at all levels of university education, and be capable of supervising doctoral research students. You will possess a proven record of research and publication (preferably relating to International Human Rights Law), including research grant activity and academic leadership.
The main duties of the post are to:
• engage in research and publication at an internationally competitive level in law, and to produce work of the highest quality for inclusion in the Research Excellence Framework (REF);
• serve as lead director for the International Human Rights Law Summer School which is run in collaboration with George Washington University;
• serve as lead director for the online component of the Masters’ in International Human Rights Law and to teach on it as required;
• actively contribute to the development and delivery of the Masters’ in International Human Rights Law;
• develop pathways for advancing the International Human Rights Law alumni network and collaborate with the programme director in raising money for scholarships;
• contribute to Continuing Education’s public programming and wider engagement in the field of International Human Rights Law;
• contribute to the supervision and assessment of Doctoral students in International Human Rights Law and related areas at the University of Oxford;
• contribute to the research culture of the Department and the Bonavero Institute of Human Rights and to enhance the University’s reputation in the field of International Human Rights Law;
• undertake such other duties as may be required by the Director of the Department.
The Department for Continuing Education is the leading Continuing Education department in the UK. Committed to public engagement, the Department is multidisciplinary and encourages interdisciplinary teaching and research.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on 15 February 2019. Interviews are expected to take place on 4 March 2019.
Senior Human Resources Officer , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre Windmill Road Oxford We are seeking to recruit a Senior Human Resources Officer to manage the day-to-day operation of the HR function in the Nuffield Department of Orth...
Technology Transfer & Partnership Officer Mgu 1023 , Medical Research Council, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
View Vacancy -- Technology Transfer & Partnership Officer - MGU 1023 Open Date 07/02/2019, 16:30 Close Date 03/03/2019, 23:55 Research Institute MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit Research Institute / ...
Quality Officer , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Full Time, Fixed Term - Professional Ser This is a full time, fixed term position for 9 months covering maternity leave. Join an active and innovative team working to enhance the student experienc...
Researcher In Medical Statistics And Data Science , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
John Radcliffe Hospital Headington Oxford Grade 7: £32,236 - £39,609 p.a. (pro rata for part-time) We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic statistician/data scientist with proven skills in...
Departmental Research Lecturer In Transport Studies , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
School of Geography and the Environment, Oxford Grade 8: £40,792 - £48,677 p.a. The Transport Studies Unit (TSU) in conjunction with the School of Geography and Environment seek to appoint a Depar...
Kitchen Porter, Nuffield College, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Nuffield College is a graduate college specialising in the Social Sciences. The College invites applications for Kitchen Porter positions, on either a full time or part-time basis, to join our te...